We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cardview and virtualization

hi,

does the cardview control support virtualization ?
i have tried this without succes
VirtualizingPanel.IsVirtualizing="True" VirtualizingPanel.IsVirtualizingWhenGrouping="True"

thanks and good day

7 Replies

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team August 11, 2015 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Since we are using our own custom panel in ItemsPanelTemplate of CardView, it won't support Virtualization.

Please let us know in case of any other queries.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

IS issam August 11, 2015 09:38 PM UTC

ok in this case, is it possible to use a sfdatagrid control and customize it to look like the cardview to benefit from the virtualization and the incremental loading features.

i have looked into it, but found nothing like ItemContainerStyle or ItemsPanel template

any help is welcome

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 12, 2015 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thank you for your update,

No. It is not possible to customize the data in SfDataGrid control to look like CardView control. Could you please let us know your requirement on visualizing the data with virtualization support? So that we can suggest you a solution to meet your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

IS issam August 12, 2015 01:50 PM UTC

Hi,

i am trying to make something like this layout in my App
[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=55263811ddd00a941c206f7eaf293362132546.png][IMG]http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_55263811ddd00a941c206f7eaf293362132546.png[/IMG][/URL]

i could use a listbox with a wrappanel or an uniformgrid as container for my items but as you know these standard containers  don't have virtualization and with a large dataset the performance are not good at all .

right now i am searching on the web for some custom containers that provide virtualization, but any help is welcome ;)

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team August 13, 2015 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thank you for your update.

We have created a sample for CardView virtualization with the help of custom VirtualizingPanel suggested in msdn   blog. Please have the sample from following location.

Sample :
CardViewPerformance_119879

Please let us know if the sample helps or in case of any other queries.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

IS issam August 13, 2015 12:12 PM UTC

thanks a lot for the sample .

now i have to adapt it to my data and see how it behave with other features like filters and grouping

really appreciate !

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team August 14, 2015 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

We are glad to know that, the sample was helpful.
Please let us know in case of any further assistance needed.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon