We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Studio 13.2.0.29 setup fails to install assemblies/references in vs2015

Hi, i recently started working with syncfusion and vs2013 in a w7 64bit environment and just loved everything about it , however i just recently upgraded to w10 home 64bit (clean install) and vs2015 but after the setup finished i can no longer find the templates or references in vs, i ran the syncfusion dash and launched the assembly assistant, (everything seems to install correctly, tried uninstalling all versions and reinstalling everything or just 4.5 framework) but i still cant seem to find them in vs, i also tried deactivating UAC just in case that was the problem and ran the setup with admin privileges but its still not working, hence my questions.

1) can the assemblies be installed manually?
2) i read some place around this forum that manual installation of assemblies was ok for testing but not for development since syncfusion automatically registers and chooses the right version for your build :s
3) how can i get the syncfusion essential studio setup to install as expected?  
thank you for your time and patience.

3 Replies

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 3, 2015 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Jorge,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to let you know that Syncfusion does not provide Toolbox support for Visual Studio Express edition. However you can configure controls manually. To do so, could you please follow the steps suggested below link?

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/index.html#!Documents/manuallyconfiguringvstoolbox.htm

If you are not using the Express edition, please proceed with the response below.

If you have disabled the “Register Syncfusion Assemblies in GAC” checkbox then Configure Syncfusion controls in Visual Studio Toolbox (if assemblies installed)” checkbox will also be disabled(by default)under the Select Advanced Options while installing v13.2.0.29 setup, then Syncfusion controls will not be installed in GAC and controls will not be configured in Visual Studio.

Note:
Toolbox will be configured only if the assemblies are installed in GAC location.

If you installed by disabling the above mentioned check box, you can configure toolbox by following the below steps.

1. Run the Assembly Manager utility from Dashboard.

Dashboard Location : Start -> Dashboard {Product Version}

Example: Start -> Dashboard 13.2.0.29

Please refer the below documentation link to know more about Assembly Manager.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/index.html#!Documents/assemblymanager.htm

2. Then please run the Toolbox Installer from dashboard.

To know more about toolbox configuration, please refer the below documentation link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/index.html#!Documents/toolboxconfiguration.htm

If still getting the toolbox issue then please follow the steps suggested in the below KB article link and send us the zip file which consists of Syncfusion Installer logs generated by our tool. It would be much helpful for us to resolve the reported issue at the earliest.

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331   

Q1) can the assemblies be installed manually

A1) Yes, you can install the Syncfusion assemblies in GAC manually using Gacutil.exe .To do so, could you please follow the below steps?

1. Open the Visual Studio 2013 command prompt with administrative privileges(Admin mode)

2. Pass the below arguments.

Arguments:
gacutil -i <assembly name with path>

Example:
gacutil -i "F:\Assemblies\Syncfusion.BulletGraph.Windows.dll"

Please refer the below screen shot for your reference.

3. The given assembly will be installed in the GAC.

Q2) i read some place around this forum that manual installation of assemblies was ok for testing but not for development since syncfusion automatically registers and chooses the right version for your build :s

A2) Yes, Syncfusion has a utility named Assembly manager, which installs and uninstalls the assemblies from GAC.

Q3) how can i get the syncfusion essential studio setup to install as expected?  

A3) Please install v13.2.0.29 by checking all the options in the Select Advanced Options window while installing the Syncfusion setup. Now as you expected, Syncfusion assemblies will be installed in GAC and Syncfusion controls will be configured in Visual Studio.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

JG Jorge Guadalupe Ventura Lopez August 3, 2015 10:05 PM UTC

Thank you for your fast reply, it really shows your commitment toward every user big or small. As a follow up on my problem, i solved my problem by installing the individual packages as opposed to the full installer, which got me thinking that it might have been a bad/incomplete download on my part.
thank you for your time and patience.

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 4, 2015 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

The installation will not start if the setup is not downloaded completely or bad CRC. The issue might occur due to if any feature has been disabled at the time of installation. Please get back to us if you face any issues.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon