We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Excel Export and Grouping

Hi,
Regarding the Export of the reportViewer in Excel there is a strange behaviour when I have Merged cells on a Group header.
I attached an RDL and his exported result.
I develop the rdl in Visual Stdudio 2013 and with that the export is quite different in the columns it generate.
In the current export, the Column A is hide, but some cells are under the A Column, and if I use the filter command in Excel, the values of the country are repeated in all the colum filter.
In the Attachment I added also the export from the Preview in Visual Studio.

What I ask if is it a default behaviour or is a problem with the extraction.

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

Attachment: Report_14f5b6c1.zip

1 Reply

SR Soundara Rajan S Syncfusion Team July 31, 2015 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Soundara Rajan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon