We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Version upgrade questions

I currently have version 12.4.0.24 installed on my machine and I want to upgrade to 13.2.0.29. I do not want, or need, to keep the old version. I want all my projects to use the new version.

I have been able to find installation instructions on the website, but I can find no instructions on how to upgrade and have the following questions:

- Does installing the new version automatically remove the previous old version? Or...
 - Do I have to manually uninstall the old version before installing the new version?

- If the references in my projects are set to NOT require a specific version, will the references be updated automatically to point to the new versions of the DLL's? If not...
 - Is the only way to 'update' the references to remove them and re-add them?

- I do not remember how I got the Syncfusion help integrated with the Visual Studio help when I installed 12.4.0.24. How do I do that so that, for example, pressing F1 while on a Syncfusion specific property takes me to the correct Syncfusion help page?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

9 Replies

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 27, 2015 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the below responses for your queries.

Q1) Does installing the new version automatically remove the previous old version? Or...

A1) No, Installing the newer version will not automatically remove the older versions.

Q2) Do I have to manually uninstall the old version before installing the new version?

A2) As Syncfusion supports multiple versions, you can have both v12.4 and v13.2 in your machine. If you do not need the older versions, you can uninstall from the control panel.

Q3) If the references in my projects are set to NOT require a specific version, will the references be updated automatically to point to the new versions of the DLL's? If not...
Is the only way to 'update' the references to remove them and re-add them?

A3) No, Syncfusion references will not be updated to the latest version automatically. You can upgrade the Syncfusion reference assemblies to latest v13.2.0.29 by using the Project Migration utility. Could you please refer the below documentation link to migrate your projects to latest v13.2.0.29?

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/index.html#!Documents/projectmigration.htm

Q4) I do not remember how I got the Syncfusion help integrated with the Visual Studio help when I installed 12.4.0.24. How do I do that so that, for example, pressing F1 while on a Syncfusion specific property takes me to the correct Syncfusion help page?

A4) Could you please let us know whether you have installed the Offline Documentation by checking whether the cabinet files are present in the below install location?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\Documentation\{version}\Help451\Class Reference  

If you have installed the offline documentation setup, then Syncfusion help will be integrated in Visual Studio help. Could you please follow the below steps to install the offline documentation setup?

1. Download the documentation setup from the Dashboard.

Dashboard Location : Start -> Dashboard {Product Version}

Example: Start -> Dashboard 12.4.0.24

2. install the setup. Now Syncfusion help will be integrated in Visual Studio

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

RF RF July 27, 2015 03:20 PM UTC

Thank you. That answered most of my questions, but I have a couple of further questions about the Project Migration tool.

- If I pick a folder, will it just process projects in that specific folder, or will it also handle all projects it finds in all subfolders?

- On the page you sent me about the Project Migration tool the for the "Essential Studio version" field the help says "Enter the Essential Studio version to upgrade in the Essential Studio version field, for example, 13.1.0.21".
    Is this the version which I am upgrading FROM or the version which I am upgrading TO?

- The version of Essential Studio is displayed as 13.2.0.29, but the DLL versions are 13.2451.0.29. Which do I put in the "Essential Studio version" field?

- All of my projects target V4.5.1 of the .NET framework, but when I run the Project Migration tool on my machine, it is not on the list of options.

Thanks

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 28, 2015 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your update.

Please find the below responses for your queries.

Q1) If I pick a folder, will it just process projects in that specific folder, or will it also handle all projects it finds in all subfolders?

A1) Project Migration tool will process the projects including its subfolders.

Q2) On the page you sent me about the Project Migration tool the for the "Essential Studio version" field the help says "Enter the Essential Studio version to upgrade in the Essential Studio version field, for example, 13.1.0.21".
Is this the version which I am upgrading FROM or the version which I am upgrading TO?

A2) In the "Essential Studio version" field you have enter the version which you are upgrading To. If you are upgrading to v13.2.0.29, then you have to enter 13.2.0.29.

Q3) The version of Essential Studio is displayed as 13.2.0.29, but the DLL versions are 13.2451.0.29. Which do I put in the "Essential Studio version" field?

A3) 13.2.0.29 is the product version and 13.2451.0.29 is the assembly version including the Framework version. The Framework version which you are entering in the project Migration tool will be configured in your projects. You have to enter the product version(v13.2.0.29) in the "Essential Studio version" field.

Q4) All of my projects target V4.5.1 of the .NET framework, but when I run the Project Migration tool on my machine, it is not on the list of options

A4) Could you please let us know whether .NET Framework 4.5.1 is installed in your machine?. Framework 4.5.1 will be displayed only if .NET Framework 4.5.1 is installed in your machine.

Also please share the InstallInfo.xml file from the below location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.2.0.29\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator

Regards,
Manivannan S.

RF RF July 28, 2015 02:27 PM UTC

Thanks again.

Regarding the versions of the .NET Framework on my machine, according to this page (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568(v=vs.110).aspx) I have version 4.5.2:

Inside Visual Studio 2013 I see the following options for target framework in my projects:

And I have selected V4.5.1.

I have attached the file you requested.

Attachment: InstallInfo_1ea74aa.zip

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 29, 2015 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Could you please download the ProjectMigrationWindows.exe from the below link?

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119730/ze/ProjectMigration1631215576  

Please extract the zip file and replace the projectMigrationWindows.exe in the below location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.2.0.29\Utilities\Project Migration

Now run the Project Migration tool. You can select the 4.5.1 framework in the .Net Framework version field. If you still face any issues, please get back to us.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

RF RF August 3, 2015 02:39 PM UTC

The new version of the Project Migration tool now shows framework 4.5.1.

Was this a bug with the tool or the installation routine?

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 4, 2015 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your update.

Yes, as there were issues in Project Migration utility, we have fixed those issues . This changes will be included in our 2015 Vol 2 Service Pack 1 release.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

ÖM Ömer replied to Manivannan Sundararajan May 6, 2017 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Could you please download the ProjectMigrationWindows.exe from the below link?

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119730/ze/ProjectMigration1631215576  

Please extract the zip file and replace the projectMigrationWindows.exe in the below location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.2.0.29\Utilities\Project Migration

Now run the Project Migration tool. You can select the 4.5.1 framework in the .Net Framework version field. If you still face any issues, please get back to us.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

I have the same problem. I installed over the "Assembly Manager" the framework 4.5 and 4.5.1.
But the "Migration Tool" doesn´t show these versions. I also tried the suggested solution and downloaded the exe file and replaced the projectMigrationWindows.exe in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\Utilities\Project Migration 

Thanks for any help
Ömer

Attachment: InstallInfo_34cfa4c6.rar

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team May 8, 2017 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Omer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have already fixed the reported issue in Syncfusion Project Migration utility and the fix will be included in our 2017 Volume 2 release.

As of now, please follow the steps suggested below to resolve the reported issue.

1. Download and extract the ProjectMigration.zip from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/178815/ze/ProjectMigration-175966160  

2. Take a backup of Project Migration folder from the following location.

{ProgramFilesFolder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version}\Utilities

Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\Utilities

3. Copy and replace the ProjectMigrationWindows.exe from the extracted zip file to the below location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\Utilities\Project Migration

4. Now launch the Project Migration utility and the Frameworks 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.6 will be enabled.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon