We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using Syncfusion with Spark?

Hello.

Can  the Syncfusion's Windows Hadoop be used with Spark?
I would like to try Spark on a Windows machine and I've found this version of Hadoop (Big Data Studio, Cluster and Agent).

Regards

4 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 25, 2015 06:03 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. The next beta version due out by the end of July 2015 has complete support for Spark. 

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion Inc

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 8, 2015 05:30 AM UTC

Spark support has been added with the latest update (version 2.1.0.77).

Best regards,
Daniel

WF Walter Figueroa August 26, 2015 04:13 AM UTC

I see it only supports scala, would it be possible work with python (pyspark), as well?

PP Praveena P Syncfusion Team August 26, 2015 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your update.

Yes, we have included the built-in support for python in our latest preview build version 2.8.0.2 and you can download the same from the downloads page. Please enter the credential details and click free download button that moves to download page where you can get the download link for preview build at the bottom of the page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/bigdata

In Big Data Studio, the Dropdown option has been provided with in the SPARK tab that switches into Pyspark shell. Please refer to the following screenshot for reference,

Alternatively, if you would like to work with Pyspark shell in version 2.1.0.77, Please use command pyspark from spark bin directory as follows,

<Installed Directory>Syncfusion\BigDataSDK\2.1.0.77\SDK\Spark\bin > pyspark

Reference link: http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/programming-guide.html#initializing-spark
Please let me know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon