We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Using Syncfusion with Spark?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

119728 Jul 25,2015 07:09 AM Aug 26,2015 03:00 AM Big Data Platform 4
Tags: General
skan
Asked On July 25, 2015 07:09 AM

Hello.

Can  the Syncfusion's Windows Hadoop be used with Spark?
I would like to try Spark on a Windows machine and I've found this version of Hadoop (Big Data Studio, Cluster and Agent).

Regards

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 25, 2015 02:03 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. The next beta version due out by the end of July 2015 has complete support for Spark. 

Best regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion Inc

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 8, 2015 01:30 AM

Spark support has been added with the latest update (version 2.1.0.77).

Best regards,
Daniel

Walter Figueroa
Replied On August 26, 2015 12:13 AM

I see it only supports scala, would it be possible work with python (pyspark), as well?

Praveena P [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 26, 2015 03:00 AM

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your update.

Yes, we have included the built-in support for python in our latest preview build version 2.8.0.2 and you can download the same from the downloads page. Please enter the credential details and click free download button that moves to download page where you can get the download link for preview build at the bottom of the page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/bigdata

In Big Data Studio, the Dropdown option has been provided with in the SPARK tab that switches into Pyspark shell. Please refer to the following screenshot for reference,

Alternatively, if you would like to work with Pyspark shell in version 2.1.0.77, Please use command pyspark from spark bin directory as follows,

<Installed Directory>Syncfusion\BigDataSDK\2.1.0.77\SDK\Spark\bin > pyspark

Reference link: http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/programming-guide.html#initializing-spark
Please let me know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Praveena.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;