We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LoadBinary or LoadSoap

I successfully save my grid in a Binary file and a XML file. That's work fine. 1) Which is the fastest method to save/load ? Binary? 2) My problem is I couldn't load the binary or XML file in my grid. (the files below exists) > grdReport.BeginUpdate() > grdReport.LoadSoap("c:\testXML.txt") > 'grdReport.LoadBinary("c:\test.txt") > grdReport.EndUpdate() But nothing happens! What's wrong? PS.I'm still using an evaluation Grid. Thanks for your help.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2002 09:28 AM UTC

Binary saves results in smaller files, and probably is quicker, but you may not notice it depending upon the grids involved. In version 1.0.2.4 which I suspect is whatyou have, GridControl.LoadSoap is broken. But shared (static) GridModel.LoadSoap does work in that release. So, you can use code like: 'save it grdReport.Model.SaveSoap("c:\testXML.txt") 'load it grdReport.Model = GridModel.LoadSoap("c:\testXML.txt")

RE Raphael Eschmann October 3, 2002 10:13 AM UTC

Yes that work fine. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon