We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bad Flicker When Scrolling

I'm using the PDF Viewer control for a simple viewer. Mostly works well but when scrolling via the scrollbar arrows the document flickers badly and even appears to "jump" a bit. Scrolling is very slow even in small documents. Also part of the time the bottom scrollbar arrow appears about an eighth of an inch above the bottom of the scrollbar track. This corrects itself as soon as I scroll the document, but the flicker remains. I have tried several .pdf documents with similar results, and all of them work fine within Adobe Reader. How can I eliminate the flicker? The control is useless to me in its present state.

3 Replies

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 21, 2015 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

The flickering issue while scrolling the PDF document in the PDF Viewer is resolved in our latest versions and this can be downloaded from the link below.  

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/119549/essential-studio-2015-volume-2-final-release-v13-2-0-29-available-for-download

Please provide us document that causes this issue in the PDF viewer, that will be more helpful for us to further investigate on this issue. If the document contains any confidential information kindly create a Direct-Trac incident under your account and provide us the document there. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thanks,

Balasubramanian

AB Alan Burkhart July 21, 2015 11:18 PM UTC

Downloaded the update. There is still just a bit of "jump" when scrolling but only a little. Much better than before. It is quite acceptable now, and thanks. One other thing I noticed is that with pages that are in landscape orientation instead of portrait (width greater than height), the raster image export rotates the images leftward. This is a potential problem because I use this function to generate clickable thumbnails displayed in a sidebar for quick navigation. If you can tell me whether I can expect this to happen consistently, I can simply check the dimensions of the thumbnails and rotate them if needed. In the attached zip file I have included the .pdf file and a screenshot of the app with the thumbnails.

PS: Is there a way to get a document's page dimensions? All I saw was a count property.

As always, thanks for your assistance.
AB

Attachment: FlickerIssueFiles_c83284a4.zip

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 22, 2015 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for using syncfusion product. 

We are not able to reproduce both issues “Flickering issue while navigating through the document using scrollbar” and “Landscape documents are exported as portrait” in our latest version of assemblies. We have created a Direct-Trac incident for the follow up, please log in to your DT account using the link below to follow up this incident. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks,

Balasubramanian

Loader.
Up arrow icon