We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Failed to get all dependent cells

Hi,
When a cell change, I want to get all dependent cells from it.
 I use the "this.Model.FormulaEngine.DependentCells" ,But  Sometimes miss some cells.
What ways I can totally get all dependent cells, whether it is hidden or not?

Thanks,
Mark

3 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team July 20, 2015 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Mark Li,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have analyzed your query. You cannot get the dependent cells when the cells are hidden, since hidden cells will not be considered while validating, hence if you could update us with the details of your requirement or the sample which explains your requirement, we will provide you a better solution. Please find the below sample which provides you a dependent cells list when you modify a cell value.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119643/ze/WpfApplication4-589034176

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

ML Mark Li July 22, 2015 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Kanimozhi B,

Please see the sample I attached. In the sample I use a GridControl and entered some value in the cells. This GridControl's rowCount is 35 and columnCount is 15, there is a Formula in the cell C34("=A1+B1"). Run this project , edit the cell A1 or B2,click the "Enter" button .
I set a breakpoint on a method ComputeDependentcells, then you will see the field dependentcells.Count is 0.It is incorrect , because the affected cell is C34.

Attachment: Dependent_CellDemo_2df12807.zip

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team July 27, 2015 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Mark Li,

We have analyzed your query. The Dependent cells  will be updated only when they get into the view, otherwise it will be simply stored as a value. So to overcome this issue, we need to get the FormattedText of the particular cell. We have modified the sample based on your requirement. Please find the link below.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119643/ze/Dependent_CellDemo-1410010353

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon