We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ContextTabGroup IsGroupVisible Binding

I am trying to bind ContextTabGroup.IsGroupVisible to my view model to control the visibility of the ContextTabGroup, however, it is not working as when I change the DataContext of the ribbon, IsGroupVisible is not reacting to the change.

<syncfusion:Ribbon DataContext="{Binding Content}">
<syncfusion:ContextTabGroup IsGroupVisible="{Binding IsGroupOneVisible}" />
</syncfusion:Ribbon>
The binding to Content is working fine and reacts to changes in the underlying ViewModel but the ContextTabGroup does not update it's binding to IsGroupVisible when Content is changed.
Thanks
Tim

2 Replies

TI Tim July 15, 2015 04:36 PM UTC

Solved it...

The IsGroupVisible dependency property must be OneWay as default so you have to add Mode=TwoWay to the binding.

This is really a miss on the developers part, why would you not define the dependency property as BindsTwoWayByDefault when it is not a read only property.  I wonder how many more of these I will come across...

Tim

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team July 16, 2015 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Tim,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We will include the fix “BindsTwoWayByDefault” to the IsGroupVisible dependency property of the ContextTab in our Vol 3 2015 release which will be scheduled to be rolled by the end of September 2015 tentatively.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon