We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGrid Expand/Collapse Error

I have an SfDataGrid and I'm utilizing it's grouping functionality.

My grid currently has 4 groups but the issue is when the grid initially loads, when I expand and collapse the last group I get this error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF.dll

Additional information: 5 out of range 0 to 4

It seems as though whatever the last group is, if you expand and collapse that group initially then this error occurs. You have to expand and collapse other groups before expanding and collapsing the last group to avoid this bug.

Can someone help? Thanks

3 Replies

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team July 13, 2015 07:19 PM UTC

Hi Ari,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have Expand and Collapse the last group but we could not get the Exception. We have attached the our tested sample in the below sample location, could you please revert us by modifying the attached sample based on your application along with the replication procedure? that would be helpful for us to proceed further​ analyze.
Sample location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119590/ze/SimpleApplication-102627648

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Ashok

AC Ari Case July 13, 2015 08:29 PM UTC

The difference between mine and your code is that you guys are binding from a DataCollection in your Repository class.

I'm binding from a DataView which contains data that users modify from the application. For some reason it seems that Syncfusion grid's don't like DataViews and maybe this is the real issue.

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team July 14, 2015 08:05 PM UTC

Hi Ari,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. We analyzed your query and prepared a sample by using DataView, but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. When we Expand and Collapse the last group, we did not face the exception. We have attached our tested sample in the following sample location, please revert us by modifying the attached sample based on your application along with the replication procedure. Otherwise, please share us more details like you are using any custom grouping in your application or using any other customization code that would be helpful for us to analyze further.
Sample location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119590/ze/SimpleApplication_(2)-1719038501

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon