We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Positioning the Pie Series

Hi,

Can you please let me know on how to re-position the PieSeries and override it's default padding in the chart area? Because I don't want it to be centered and padded always!

Please refer to the attached images and the red lines are drawn to help you understand my concerns.

Best regards,
Krishna Kumar

Attachment: PieSeries_6f0ffc6f.zip

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team July 10, 2015 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We can achieve your requirement by setting Margin for the pie series as shown in the below code snippet.

[XAML]

<chart:PieSeries   x:Name="series" Palette="Metro"   Margin="-50,-50,10,-50"   XBindingPath="Category"  YBindingPath="Year2014" ItemsSource="{Binding SalesCollection}">
            </chart:PieSeries>

If you want to re-position the legend, the you can use LegendPosition property in ChartLegend as shown in the below code snippet.

[XAML]

<chart:SfChart.Legend>

<chart:ChartLegend LegendPosition="Inside"  DockPosition="Right" />                  </chart:SfChart.Legend>

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Rachel. A

KK Krishna Kumar Nanjundaprasad July 10, 2015 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Rachel,

Thank you very much for your quick response. To be frank, I knew negative margins would work and it worked indeed. It solved my problem for the Proof of Concept that I am working on but the requirements will always not be like this. There might be a situation wherein we can't blindly set the negative margins to adjust the position of the chart series. 

If I am not asking too much, can you please treat the positioning of a chart series as a change request and implement it? I feel that the Chart Area is padded and centered so that it's content will also inherit this style. It would be helpful if we have some control to set such values for ChartArea in SfChart.

I wish you a pleasant day and a wonderful weekend.

Best regards,
Krishna Kumar

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team July 13, 2015 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Krishna,

We have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this reported query.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rachel. A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon