We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SQL Server with asp.net Grid control

Hi,

I'm just starting with the Syncfusion controls so apologies in advance if this is a basic error I've made. I have data stored in a SQL Server table that I want to be displayed and editable via the Syncfusion Grid control. I've followed the ASP.net example for Grid using SQL data and have successfully got the grid displaying SQL data and the InLine Form editing successfully updates the data shown in the grid. However the code does not appear to post back the changes to the SQL server database.

Do I have to add in insert, update and delete SQL queries in addition to the supplied code which only updates the grid?

thanks

David

3 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 9, 2015 06:53 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please refer the following Knowledge Base documentation to persist data in the SQL server using server-side events.

Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5174/how-to-persist-data-in-the-sql-server-on-server-side-events

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

DF David Farmer July 10, 2015 10:02 AM UTC

Many thanks - exactly the article I was looking for

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 13, 2015 06:29 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for the update.

Please get back to us if you have any queries.

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon