We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

3 level grids

Hello,

I have a requirement to have a grid with 3 collapsible levels:

1) Group header (collapsible, available by default when you group by a column)
2) Data row (should be collapsible, can be achieved with nested grids or row details template)
3) A header with static text and row count, which is used to collapse a grid under it. There should be more that one of these header under every master-grid row.

Under the third level there should be a separate grid with data.

I'm using GridDataControl, since it seems more flexible for customization. Now I've tried various approaches but can't get any of them to work as it needs to work:

1) Tried adding relations to the master grid - it works fine, but I cannot find a way to add a header that would allow me to collapse individual detail grids. Maybe it can be done with stacked headers somehow?
2) Tried using details template for the master grid - that leaves me with a problem of details template height. Whenever you expand a row, it does not respond to changes in the details' controls height, so I only see a part of the details grid. It seems that the height must be hardcoded and that's not a solution in this case, since I need the full grid to be displayed.
3) Couldn't get summary rows to work either - it requires that there should be a single grid for every group and I need to have completely separate grids under each 3rd level header.

Please see the image I have attached, I hope it will make it clearer.

Do You have any suggestions on how it can be done or is it simply not possible with Syncfusion grid controls?

2 Replies

GE Gediminas July 7, 2015 07:39 AM UTC

Attached the image in a rar archive file.

Attachment: structure_a05d2f21.rar

TV Thangapriya V Syncfusion Team July 10, 2015 02:03 AM UTC

Hi Gediminas,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query with the attached snapshot. We regret to let you know that currently GridDataControl does not have support to achieve your requirement as shown in the attached screenshot. Normally you can use group header, Nested grids and DetailsViewTemplate in GridDataControl (listed in requirement 1 and 2) but it is not possible to achieve your requirement like under the third level there should be a separate grid with data in GridDataControl.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Thangapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon