We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

where is pdfviewer control for winrt windows 8.0 ?

I am using visual studio 2012 , recently installed syncfusion enterprise studio for winrt, i found that there is a pdfviewer control for 8.1 but i am unable to find pdfviewer control for 8.0 , where can i find it ?? 

5 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 24, 2015 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Product.

We do support PDF Viewer in Windows 8.0 and to use this you need to refer Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.dll, Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd and Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll assemblies to your WinRT application. The PDF Viewer for Windows 8.0 does not support AnyCPU mode and we maintain assemblies for 3 different build configuration (ARM/X86/X64), refer to assembly in one of the build configuration to deploy the sample to that particular target.

You can find the above mentioned assemblies in the below location.

1. Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.dll:

$system drive: \ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$ Essential Studio Version #\ Assemblies for WinRT \8.0\Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.dll

E.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.2.0.24\Assemblies for WinRT \8.0 \ Syncfusion.Pdf.WinRT.dll

2. Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll and Syncfusion.DirectXWrapper.WinRT.winmd

$system drive: \Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$ Essential Studio Version #\precompiledassemblies \$ Essential Studio Version #\DirectX \8.0\CPU Architecture\ Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

E.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio \12.2.0.24\ precompiledassemblies \12.2.0.24\ DirectX \8.0 \x86\Syncfusion.SfPdfViewer.WinRT.dll

We have also attached the sample created using Visual Studio 2012 which displays PDF Document in Pdf Viewer Control for Windows 8.0 in the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119455/PDFViewerWintRT-1988705189.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sathish Sivakumar

KK kranthi kumar June 24, 2015 01:37 PM UTC

After doing everything as u stated i got this Error

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 25, 2015 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Kranthi,

Thank you for your update.

We suspect that the problem may be due to the mismatch of CPU Architecture Platform with assemblies that you have referred in your project. Kindly change the CPU Architecture Platform name to x86 in the configuration manager from the Build menu of Visual Studio and then add the corresponding assemblies from the location that we have mentioned in our previous update.

We have also attached the snapshot of configuration manager settings for your reference in the following location:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119455/ConfigManager166421168.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sathish Sivakumar

KK kranthi kumar June 26, 2015 03:16 PM UTC

Your solution is working fine regarding x86 platform but how to build for arm & x64 platforms ?

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team June 29, 2015 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for your update.

Please follow the reference link below to Maintain and Deploy PDF Viewer in Windows 8 for the .NET framework 4.5 in different architecture.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/index.html#!Documents/maintaindifferentconfigurationsofpdfviewerforthenetframework45in.htm

Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Sathish Sivakumar.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon