We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

A question about scroll position

Hi,

Please watch the attached video for a demonstration of the issue that I am trying to address.

Here's what's happening.
I have a multi-tabbed page.
When the user moves from one tab to another, I load a new diagram from the database.
This works fine.
The issue is that if the user vertically repositions a diagram and then switches to another tab (another diagram), the scroll position does not change.
This can give the user the illusion that part of their diagram is off-canvas - as the video shows.

Is there any way I can cause the diagram to scroll to the top when I load it?

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Attachment: Syncfusion__Scroll_Position_Maintained_Across_Tabs__18Jun2015_63ac7e6d.zip

3 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team June 19, 2015 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Jim

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Before looking into your requirement, could you please confirm us whether the switching between the different tab has been done in a single diagram? If yes, could you please provide us whether you are refreshing the entire page of a diagram or calling the API method load in the tab?  This will help us to verify further and will provide a better solution. If you are rendering the diagram for each tab, we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. please provide us more details such as aspx file that you have used in your application or modify the below sample to reproduce the reported issue at our end. This will help us to verify further and provide a better solution to you.

Sample:http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119428/ze/WebApplication20_(2)-85896699

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Shyam G

JJ Jim Jacobs June 21, 2015 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Shyam,

I only have a single ej Diagram control which I initialize once in code behind.
What I do when the user selects a different tab is:
  1. Save the diagram to the database if changes had been made
  2. Issue a diagram.clear()
  3. Call a web service to obtain the diagram for the new tab
  4. Issue a diagram.load(...)

Is this a valid approach?

Thanks

Jim

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team June 22, 2015 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Jim

Thanks for your update.

Currently we don’t have support to serialize the scroll position and panning the diagram. We have confirmed this as a feature and logged a report on this. Also we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this issue.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Shyam G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon