We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAdv missing OwnerDraw and DrawItem

I am creating a comboBox to show a list of line thickness items.
With the conventional MS ComboBox I can set to OwnerDraw and then call DrawItem to create line thickness examples directly on the combo's initial draw.

It seems that the ComboBoxAdv is missing OwnerDraw and DrawItem.
Yes I can work around by creating another loop to create images and then loop through to add the images to the ComboBoxAdv, but that's about as clunky as a Model A Ford.

4 Replies

VI Vince June 16, 2015 08:50 PM UTC

...just to further explain why I want DrawItem. The line thickness graphics are created on the fly in the same color that the operator had selected ...just so the operator gets a nice warm fuzzy feeling.

AJ Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy Syncfusion Team June 17, 2015 10:57 AM UTC

Hi Vince,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

This reported requirement for customizing ComboBoxAdv items can be achieved by using DrawMode property and DrawItem event in ComboBoxAdv ListBox. Please refer the below code snippet for your reference.

Code snippet [C#]:

// DrawMode in ComboBoxAdv

this.comboBoxAdv1.ListBox.DrawMode = DrawMode.OwnerDrawFixed;

//DrawItem event in ComboBoxAdv
comboBoxAdv1.ListBox.DrawItem += new DrawItemEventHandler(ListBox_DrawItem);

We have also prepared a sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119405/ze/ComboBoxAdvDrawItem-1319896049

Please look into the sample and kindly let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Ashwini

VI Vince June 17, 2015 11:17 AM UTC

comboBoxAdv1.ListBox.DrawMode
Ahhh...perfect.

Thanks

AJ Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy Syncfusion Team June 17, 2015 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Vince,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad that we have helped you on this.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,
Ashwini

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon