We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combo box column on GridDataControl not displaying the correct Selected Value after Save

I have a combo box column on my GridDataControl that doesn't always display the correct selected value after I save.

Let's say my combo box has 3 options, Red, Green, Yellow. If I select Yellow and save it, the data saves correctly but the combo box will display Red for some reason.

Or I could selected Green, save it, and then after the save the combo box displays Yellow.

I'm confused on how to pinpoint this as I don't know what event or action is triggering this, this is the code behind this specific column:

<syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn x:Name="cbxColor" HeaderText="Colors" MappingName="color_template" ShowColumnOptions="False" ShowSortOptioninExcelLikeFiltering="False" AutoFit="True" Width="80">

<syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn.FilterBarStyle>
                        <syncfusion:GridDataFilterBarStyle CellType="ComboBox" />
                    </syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn.FilterBarStyle>

<syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn.ColumnStyle>
                        <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle CommentAlignment="TopRight" CommentBrush="Red" ImageContentAlignment="Left" ImageContentStretch="Fill" ImageHeight="*" ImageIndex="-1" ImageWidth="0.2*" IsMouseTrackingEnabled="True" IsThemed="True" CellTypeEnum="ComboBox" Enabled="True" DropDownStyle="Exclusive" TextWrapping="Wrap">

<syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.DropdownEdit>
                                <syncfusion:GridDropdownEditStyleInfo ShowButton="False" />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.DropdownEdit>
                            <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.DoubleEdit>
                                <syncfusion:GridDoubleEditStyleInfo NullValue="{x:Null}" />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.DoubleEdit>
                            <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.GridCommentStyleInfo>
                                <syncfusion:GridCommentStyleInfo />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.GridCommentStyleInfo>
                            <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.ImageMargins>
                                <syncfusion:CellMarginsInfo />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.ImageMargins>
                            <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.IntegerEdit>
                                <syncfusion:GridIntegerEditStyleInfo NullValue="{x:Null}" UseNullOption="False" />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.IntegerEdit>
                            <syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.MaskEdit>
                                <syncfusion:GridMaskEditInfo />
                            </syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle.MaskEdit>

</syncfusion:GridDataColumnStyle>
                    </syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn.ColumnStyle>
                </syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn>

3 Replies

JS Jayapradha S Syncfusion Team June 8, 2015 02:54 AM UTC

Hi Ari Case,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query with your shared code snippet. We are not able to understand your query clearly and we need more information on this. We thought that, you are performing the save action after changing the items in combo box. Could you please clarify are you using data serialization to perform save action? Please provide the details what are you trying to do in your save action? Could you please provide more details about your requirement. It would be helpful for us to proceed further.

Regards,
Jayapradha

AC Ari Case June 9, 2015 04:59 PM UTC

I was able to resolve this. It wasn't actually a syncfusion issue but a data problem.

This can be closed, thanks.

JS Jayapradha S Syncfusion Team June 10, 2015 03:38 AM UTC

Hi Ari case,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Jayapradha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon