We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

[QTP]How to select different tab under a TabControlExt via QTP. (Syncfusion Version: 12.4.0.24)

Hi There,

Previously, in old syncfusion version. We can select different tab under one TabControlExt by using Select function via QTP.
Such as WpfTabStrip("TabControlExt").Select "***" 

But now after we upgrade the syncfusion version to 12.4.0.24. QTP will throw an error said  'Select function was not supported '
May I know what's the new function for the select operation or could you provide me the details for how to switch tabs under one TabControlExt via QTP

7 Replies

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team June 5, 2015 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that in our WPF TabControlExt, we don't have QTP support. Also we would like to share that we didn't changed the selection functionality in our TabControlExt. Could you please update us about the way you are using TabControlExt and QTP in your application. This would help us to narrow down the issue and provide you better solution.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Jessie

EJ Eric Jiang June 5, 2015 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Jessie,

Do you have anything changed in QTP Add-in for version 12.4.0.24?

In QTP , I just use below sample sentence:

WpfWindow("AAA").WpfTabStrip("TabControlExt").Select TabName 

And for SfGridDataControl

WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).RowCount
WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).ColCount
WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).GetCellValue(0,2)

The function all failed after I upgrade the syncfusion. Error msg is like : The object do not support this kind of action.

Could you kindly advise on this? It's very important.

Regards

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team June 9, 2015 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your update,

Query#1:In QTP,I just use below sample sentence:WpfWindow("AAA").WpfTabStrip("TabControlExt").Select TabName

We would like to inform you that we have not provided any Select method in our implementation of TabControlExt from our earlier versions till 13.1.0.21 version for QTP support, so please let us know in which version the Select function supports and also brief about how you have using our TabControlExt control in your application, that it would be very helpful for us to proceed further on this.

Query#2:And for SfGridDataControl: WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).RowCount
WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).ColCount
WpfWindow("AAA").SfGridDataControl(GridName).GetCellValue(0,2)

Could you please ensure the below steps from your side?

1.Make sure your Essential Studio version and Essential QTP version must be same.
2.Ensure your application framework version must be same with your DLL version.
3.Ensure that you have CongigFile.XSD , Syncfusion.CFG and SyncfusionTestObjetcs.XML file in the below location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\dat\Extensibility\WPF
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\dat\Extensibility\WPF\Syncfusion

If above mentioned file is not in corresponding location , you can get it from this location(C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential QTP\12.4.0.24\WPF\bin\4.0) and paste it to above location.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

EJ Eric Jiang June 16, 2015 09:54 AM UTC

Hi Vijayalakshmi,

For Query#1, we can use the select operation on the version of : 11.2.0.25. I pretty sure because I did use the select operation to switch different tabs via QTP. Also use WpfWindow("xxx").WpfTabStrip("TabControlExt").GetItemsCount to get the tab numbers.
For Query#2, all the files and dlls are located correctly. Still don't know why it is not working.

So, for now, I need your help with below questions(For QTP automation). If you can provide some solutions, maybe we can change our qtp code accordingly if necessary.

1. How can I get the current Tab's name in the TabControlExt? How can I get the total numbers of the tabs which the TabControlExt contains?
2. How can I switch the different tabs in the TabControlExt?
3. For SfGridDataControl, how can I get the grid's rowcount, columncount, column index?
4. For SfGridDataControl, how can I get the grid's cell value and column name, how can I focus on cell and change the cell's value?

As we have upgraded the syncfusion version to 12.4.0.24, we hope we still can do the above operation for our testing with new version. This is really important to us :)
Many Appreciate!

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team June 18, 2015 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Eric,

We have created new support incident for the queries and please follow the same for further updates.
 http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/140426
 Please let us know if you have any queries.
 Regards,
 Muthukumar A

AN Anand June 18, 2015 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Vijayalakshmi

We are using UFT 12.0 and .NET 4.5 Framework. One of our application is developed using .NET windows Forms and .NET WPF controls along with Sync fusion Controls. When spied  it identifies as Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.TabControlExt. So I downloaded the trial version of Essential studio 13.0+ version and Essential QTP Add-on of 13.0 + version and installed in our machine. In Start Up Add-in page while opening UFT. It displays the Sync fusion add-in under WPF check box add -ins.  I have gone through your thread and copied the entries in Swconfig.,xml from Syncfusion\Bin   to 
UFT\Dat\Swconfig.xml.

Query 1:  is TabControlExt identified in UFT is same and nothing but TabControlAdv in .NET Control ?
Query 2:  while recording in low level mode in UFT, it not recorded as Syncfusion code for tabcontrolExt. Do you have any sample code for this please provide, we could not able to proceed further
Query 3:  When trying through descriptive programming, the below code is not returning success. Please correct it and provide the respective solutions. When gone through Essential QTP (chm) files. It does not shows the TabControlExt control in the supported control list. Please advice

Set Pdf_screen=WpfWindow("regexpwndtitle:=PDFApplication_BIZ.*")
Pdf_screen.WpfTabStrip("Class Name:=WpfTabStrip","regexpwndtitle:=PDFApplication_BIZ - logged in as MCY in biz","selection:=Home","wpftypename:=tab").select ("Home")

In the above code , "Home" is the first tab in the tab menu.

Please provide the sample coding in UFT 12 as early as possible for TabCntrolExt and for SfGridDataControl .
Please share the web links if any.

Appreciate your help in advance

Thanks
Anand

MA Muthukumar A Syncfusion Team June 19, 2015 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Anand,

We have addressed your queries regarding QTP support for TabControl and SfGridDataControl in the incident created for you. Please have a look at,
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents
Please let us know in case of any other queries.

Regards,
Muthukumar A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon