We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to make simple GridGroupingControl example look like a PropertyGrid

Hello,

I would like to have a Windows Form control that looks something like the image below (which I believe is a PropertyGrid). I want something that looks pretty similar to this with collapsible/expandable headers and two columns of data under each header. I will not be binding to any data source, I just want to be able to enter custom values for both headers and entries.

I think the right Syncfusion control to use is your GridGroupingControl, but I am having a hard time finding sample code or documentation for creating a simple sample like this.

Is there a simple piece of sample code that shows how to make a control that looks like the one pictured above? Is there any PDF documentation that I can look at (web documentation is very slow to load and search)?

Thanks for your help.
Taylour

8 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 4, 2015 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Taylour,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The reported property grid like control can be easily achieved in Gridgrouping control. Please refer to the below outlook demo internal grid which depicts the same.

Sample: <Installed Path>\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<Installed version>\Windows\Showcase\Outlook Demo\CS

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Arun,

TT tttmack June 4, 2015 04:56 PM UTC

Hi Arun,

Is there an example that is more simple? That outlook example is in a somewhat large project and has a lot of dependencies on other parts of the app so it is very hard to decipher what is going on and what is needed to create a basic table.
Also the data is loaded from xml, I just want to be able to add the data manually for both the headers and the entries.

Thanks,
Taylour

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 8, 2015 04:04 AM UTC

Hi Taylour,

We have prepared a simple sample based on the provided reported scenario and have grouped a column based on that.

Code Snippet:

//Group the required column.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Title");

Sample:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/dtsupport/directtrac/138610/Shipped_Sample_Dashboard-314647872.zip

Please refer to the attached sample.

Regards,

Arun.

TT tttmack June 8, 2015 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Arun,

The download link does not work. Could you please update it?

Thanks,
Taylour

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 10, 2015 04:02 AM UTC

Hi Taylour,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the modified simple Gridgrouping control sample with grouping.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/139966/ze/Grid_Sample1044522986

Regards,

Arun. 

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 10, 2015 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Taylour,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the modified simple Gridgrouping control sample with grouping.

Code Snippet:
//Group the necssary column.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Add("Title");

//Remove the Grouped column from visiblity, to have property grid like appearnce.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove("Title");

//Used expand all the groups.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.ExpandAllGroups();

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119296/ze/Grid_Sample-1603944597

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
Arun.

TT tttmack June 11, 2015 11:30 PM UTC

Thank you Arun, I was able to achieve what I was hoping to do using your sample code as a base.

Best Regards,
Taylour

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team June 15, 2015 05:11 AM UTC

Hi Taylour,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear the reported behavior is achieved with the provided solution. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon