We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multi-language support in RichTextBox

Hi,

Does sfRichTextBoxAdv has multi-language input support? If yes, how should I enable it?

Thanks & Regards
Shivkanwer Singh

3 Replies

NS Narendran Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 3, 2015 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Shivkanwer,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products

Yes, our SfRichTextBoxAdv control supports multi-language input. For adding or changing a specific language keyboard layout kindly refer the below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

1. While entering the characters in specified language keyboard, the font family of the current selection in SfRichTextBoxAdv control should support the particular character code.
2. If the font-family does not support the particular character code
then the entered character will be displayed as unreadable format.
3. In order to get those unreadable character as visible as actual character, select those characters and set the font family which supports those characters.
4. You can define font family which supports all the possible characters for the entire contents of SfRichTextBoxAdv control, to avoid these type of character visibility failures.

Please let us know if you have any other question,

Regards,

Narendran

JS Junji Sumi replied to Narendran Srinivasan August 28, 2016 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Shivkanwer,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products

Yes, our SfRichTextBoxAdv control supports multi-language input. For adding or changing a specific language keyboard layout kindly refer the below link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout

1. While entering the characters in specified language keyboard, the font family of the current selection in SfRichTextBoxAdv control should support the particular character code.
2. If the font-family does not support the particular character code
then the entered character will be displayed as unreadable format.
3. In order to get those unreadable character as visible as actual character, select those characters and set the font family which supports those characters.
4. You can define font family which supports all the possible characters for the entire contents of SfRichTextBoxAdv control, to avoid these type of character visibility failures.

Please let us know if you have any other question,

Regards,

Narendran

Hello, support team.

I can not input japanese character in direct in SfRichTextBoxAdv.
Will you explain detail procedure to change language option?

I think menu like RibbonWindow could be customized by editting language resource file.
But this direct input problem, I have no idea and critical problem for me.

Regards
Junji Sumi

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Junji,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Initially we have tested for the languages Hindi, French and German, etc., Regarding, typing the Japanese language in the SfRichTextBoxAdv kindly follow up the incident created under your account for further details. Please log on to our support website for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon