We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to configure Syncfusion relatred stuff in IIS.

HI Team,

I have installed Syncfusion Essential Studio in my stem and using syncFusion Client OLAP Reports. but getting run time error while binding the code.

DataManager = new OlapDataManager(conStringAnalService);

DataManager.SetCurrentReport(CreateOlapReport());

this.OlapClient1.OlapDataManager = DataManager;

this.OlapClient1.DataBind();
in the last line I am getting below error.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Could you please let me know what else I need to install and what setting I need to do in IIS.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

8 Replies

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team May 20, 2015 08:41 AM UTC

SJ Shreekant Jadon May 20, 2015 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for update. I will check the links provided by you and try to resolve the issue.
I will reach to you, if I will have any issue.

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team May 21, 2015 03:44 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

We will wait until here from you.

Thanks,
Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon May 25, 2015 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

I tried the link provided by you and configured the IIS accordingly but am still getting the same exception while binding the data. 

I have detailed description of error that I am getting. I thing that can help you to understand the root cause of the issue.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.DataProviderException was unhandled by user code
  Message="Unable to open the connection"
  Source="Syncfusion.Olap.Base"
  StackTrace:
       at Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.Connect()
       at Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.CheckConnectionState()
       at Syncfusion.Olap.DataProvider.AdomdDataProvider.get_GetCubes()
       at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.CubeSelector.BindCubes()
       at Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.OlapClient.DataBind()
       at Narex.Placements_Plus.Reports.InteractiveReports.InteractiveLiquidation.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SVN\FrontEnd\trunk\Products\application\Reports\SyncfusionInteractiveReports\InteractiveLiquidation.aspx.cs:line 123
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  InnerException: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException
       Message="The connection either timed out or was lost."
       Source="Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient"
       StackTrace:
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.EndRequest()
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.CreateSession(ListDictionary properties, Boolean sendNamespaceCompatibility)
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.CreateSession(Boolean sendNamespaceCompatibility)
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
       InnerException: System.IO.IOException
            Message="Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
            Source="System"
            StackTrace:
                 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                 at System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
                 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.ForceRead(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 length)
                 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord.ReadHeader()
                 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeRecord..ctor(Stream stream)
                 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.DimeReader.ReadRecord()
                 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.TcpStream.GetResponseDataType()
            InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
                 Message="An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
                 Source="System"
                 ErrorCode=10054
                 NativeErrorCode=10054
                 StackTrace:
                      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
                      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                 InnerException: 
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please check and provide a gentle solution. Thanks for your help on  this.

waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Shreekant

SJ Shreekant Jadon May 25, 2015 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

I want to add one more thing. I have lots of reports in my projects but I am getting above error in case of sync-fusion OLAP reports and in case of other reports working fine.

Is there any effect of anonymous user  and specific user to these reports?

Hoping for a gentle reply.

Thanks
Shreekant

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team May 26, 2015 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

1. We have suspect that the problem may be in connection string so we have arranged a sample web application (to ensure the connection problem) which referring only Microsoft ADOMD dll andnot referring any Syncfusion dll. Please host this sample and let us know if this works. We have shared a screenshot for your reference.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119183/SimpleADOMDconnection-486605509.zip

2. Also please let us know which version of “Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient” library you are using in your application.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Prabu S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon replied to Prabu S August 5, 2015 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

1. We have suspect that the problem may be in connection string so we have arranged a sample web application (to ensure the connection problem) which referring only Microsoft ADOMD dll andnot referring any Syncfusion dll. Please host this sample and let us know if this works. We have shared a screenshot for your reference.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119183/SimpleADOMDconnection-486605509.zip

2. Also please let us know which version of “Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient” library you are using in your application.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Prabu S.

Hi Prabhu ,

I tried the Solution provided by you but its not helping me to get out of the problem.

Below are some details of version of “Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient”
File Description : Mirosoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.dll
Type: Application Extention`
File Version: 9.0.3042.0
Product Version: 9.00.3042.00

It seems am not able to connect with the Analysis Services Databases.
If you look at some piece of lines from above Stack trace..............

InnerException: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException
           Message="The connection either timed out or was lost."
          Source="Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient"

And some more lines from same source...............
 at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
            at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
       InnerException: System.IO.IOException
            Message="Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
            Source="System"
I am using Sync-fusion Essential Studio 11.1.0.21
Initially it was installed in some other machine that stopped working from last 4 month so Installing in other machine and getting error.
Waiting for your reply
Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team August 6, 2015 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the information.

Since you are using ADOMD 9.0 version we kindly recommend you to use our Syncfusion 3.5 framework libraries which are available in the below location in the Essential Studio installed machine.

C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.1.0.21\Assemblies\3.5

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon