We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hide Office 2013 Minimize Button

Hello, I am using the RibbonControlAdv inside a Panel, to control options of a grid. I would like to hide the minimize button along with the bar thar contains it. When it gets pressed, it generates an error. I believe that has something to do with it not being attached to a form.

Attached there is a picture of the part of ribbon I am trying to hide.

Thanks

Attachment: pint_screen_eb571787.zip

6 Replies

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team May 12, 2015 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Query 1: Hide the minimize button along with the bar thar contains it :

We would like to let you know that the MinimizeButton can be hidden by disabling ShowRibbonDisplayOption property. Please make use of code snippet for your reference.

Code Snippet [C#]

this.ribbonControlAdv1.ShowRibbonDisplayOptionButton = false;

The area which contains the MinimizeButton is used for placing QuickItems ,QuickItemsDropDownButton in RibbonControlAdv and usually RibbonControlAdv will be loaded in RibbonForm. RibbonForm is a type of form which hasrounded corners and flat title bar, for displaying RibbonControlAdv with OfficeStyle appearance. As title bar will not be available in RibbonForm, QAT items space will be displayed in that location. Hence this space is needed to be maintained. Please refer with below UG link for further reference.

UG Link:http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/index.html#!Documents/ribbonform.htm

Query 2: When it gets pressed, it generates an error :

We could find the reported behavior and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Vinothini.R

FB Felipe Bahiana Almeida May 12, 2015 09:28 PM UTC

May I override the method paint of the control and try to hide the upper area ? Can you help me do that ?

FB Felipe Bahiana Almeida May 12, 2015 10:25 PM UTC

It could have a property to set if you want that part to be visible. When applying ribbon control to a panel, im my case, that space is just a waste of screen space. 
I don't see any reason to show it when there are no controls in it.

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 13, 2015 06:12 PM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for your update.

We would like to let you know that, the empty space above the ToolStripTabItem in RibbonControlAdv can be reduced by using the below code snippet. We have also prepared the sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Code Snippet[C#]:

//To reduce the empty space above the ToolStripTabItem
this.ribbonControlAdv1.Top = -25;

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/139019/RibbonControlAdv-1300761352.zip

Please refer below image for further reference.

Could you please check with the above solution and let us know whether the provided solution helps to achieve your requirement?

Regards,
Senthil

FB Felipe Bahiana Almeida May 15, 2015 06:18 PM UTC

The sample provided will work as long as you don't dock the control on the top of the screen.
The same thing happens when you dock the control in top of a panel. Which is my case 

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 18, 2015 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for your update.

We would like to let you know that, the reported behavior can be achieved by enabling the DockStyle as TopMost and Anchor style as Top,Left and Right. Please refer the below code snippet for further reference.

Code Snippet[C#]:

//To set anchor style for RibbonControlAdv

this.ribbonControlAdv2.Anchor = ((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)(((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Top | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Left)

| System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Right)));

We have prepared a sample for your reference and it will be available in the below location.

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119111/RibbonControlAdv183247316.zip

Could you please check with the above solution and let us know whether the provided solution helps to achieve your requirement? if not, could you please let us know in which case you need to Dock the RibbonControlAdv at Top? This will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon