We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Question to best practice for Big Data with Horizontal scrolling

Hi,

I want to build a SFChart with e.g. 500 DateTime DataPoints (Collection of 2-3 Days of Data with 5 Minutes-Intervall).

How can I do this with horizontal scrolling enabled ? Can you give me a sample Project please ?

X-Axis = DateTime (01.05.15 09:00) with 5-minute intervall

Y-Axis = Numerical

All data should be visible with scrolling.

Thanks

Helmut

3 Replies

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team May 6, 2015 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products

We would like to let you know that your requirement can be achieved by using Auto Scrolling Delta features. Using this feature, Chart is automatically scrolled to display the fixed range of data points at the end. You can also pan to view previous data points. We have also prepared a sample for your reference. Please find the sample from the following location:

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119021/ScrollDataSample1501137074.zip

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj P

HL Helmut Lubik May 6, 2015 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

thanks for the sample. That is what I was looking for.
Anaother Question:
How do I have to understand AutoScrollingDelta, what does it mean ??
Helmut

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team May 6, 2015 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to let you know that auto scrolling is a feature used to display a fixed range of data points at the end of a data series and then it allows you to scroll to view the previous data points. It will automatically adjust to view the fixed data points at the end of data series even during live update. This feature is implemented with the intent to show the data points clearly in small size mobile devices and to view the invisible data points by scrolling.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon