We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How best to implement a threadsafe virtual grid scenario?

I have a question here regarding syncronization and the virtual grid. I am not speaking of grid.Invoke(del..), that is all set. More specifically I am talking about syncronization to the back end data that the virtual grid is querying on. For instance, you have a grid that invokes QueryCellInfo, enabling our app to take the row and column and obtain the appropriate data from our own data store. I then set this data to the GridStyleInfo''s CellValue, which if I understand just ends up storing the reference back to my source. My question becomes, how can the code that updates my virtual data store (producer thread) know when the GridControl has completed *rendering* and thus making use of the reference in the GridStyleInfo''s CellValue (or Text) field? Is there not a race condition scenario where after I''ve set the CellValue and the GridControl is doing some Drawing to update that field, that my producer thread could be switched to, modifying either the reference itself or the data it points to before the GridControl''s drawing routine has completed? If anyone can explain the answer to that scenario or set me straight on why that''s not an issue it would be appreciated.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon