We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGrid slow rendering

Hello,

I am currently having a SfDataGrid and a DataTable as a binding to the ItemsSource of the grid. The DataTable contains 26 columns and 100 rows. The problem that I have is that when I change the ItemsSource (when the INotifyPropertyChanged of the DataTable called) the rendering of the new data is too slow (about 4-5 seconds). Is there a way or a tip to improve this rendering?

Let me also inform you that the columns of the grid are being created hard coded in the constructor and the rendering time is proportional to the visual rows the grid.

Thank you

1 Reply

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team April 29, 2015 06:47 PM UTC

Hi Constantin,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query regarding improve the rendering performance for new data’s:

We have analyzed your query and when we have many numbers of column’s with ColumnSizer.Star, it will take some time for loading because Star ColumnSize will divided column’s width is equally based on the total space. You can use ColumnSizer as None or Auto instead of using Star ColumnSizer, it will improve the performance when you use many number of column’s. If you didn’t use validation, you can customizing GridCell style for improve the loading performance in SfDataGrid. We have attached the sample with customized GridCell style, please refer it.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118962/SfDataGridDemo_DT-1306159584.zip

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,
Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon