We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to customize chromeless wpf window title

Hi,
Few questions on Chromeless window:
1. What are the minimum set of references needed to use Syncfusion:ChromelessWindow
2. I am getting an error: "Cannot resolve symbol" when I use  syncfusion:LayoutControl.SetMetroMode="true"
3. Please guide me to some examples on customizing title bar (change height, add button etc)

Thanks,
Biju

5 Replies

BK Bharadhi K Syncfusion Team April 28, 2015 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Biju,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query 1: What are the minimum set of references needed to use Syncfusion:ChromelessWindow

To add ChromelessWindow to your application, please refer the following assemblies.
Syncfusion.Core
Syncfusion.Shared.WPF

Query 2: I am getting an error: "Cannot resolve symbol" when I use syncfusion:LayoutControl.SetMetroMode="true"

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue ""Cannot resolve symbol" when we use syncfusion:LayoutControl.SetMetroMode="true"". Could you please ensure you have added reference to "Syncfusion.SampleLayout" assembly.

Query 3: Please guide me to some examples on customizing title bar (change height, add button etc)

We can customize the TitleBar by editing the TitleBarTemplate. We have prepared a sample to customize the TitleBar of ChromelessWindow. In the sample, we have added a Help button to the TitleBar and also set the height to "40" by editing the Style of the ChromelessWindow in App.xaml file.

Please find the sample in the following link.

Sample: ChromelessWindow_137910.zip

Please refer the following KB article for customizing the TitleBar of ChromelessWindow.

http: //www.syncfusion.com/kb/4585/how-to-customize-the-titlebar-of-the-chromelesswindow

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
Bharadhi K

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team June 30, 2016 03:50 PM UTC

I've downloaded your ChromelessWindow_137910.zip example but I'm no able to run with the exception:
Error        Ambiguous type reference. A type named 'TitleBar' occurs in at least two namespaces, 'Syncfusion.Windows.Shared' and 'Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls'. Consider adjusting the assembly XmlnsDefinition attributes.    ChromelessWindow_137910    D:\Desktop\ChromelessWindow_137910\App.xaml

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team July 1, 2016 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported exception and we are able to run the sample from our side. We have reattached the last updated sample and please download it from the following link:

Sample:ChromelessWindow

Could you please ensure that the assemblies are properly referred in the sample and TargetFramework is same as that of the referred assemblies? Also update whether you have added both RibbonWindow and ChromelessWindow in your application? if you have used both the window, there is a possibility for conflict. So, we suggest you to remove any one of the window in the application. If still the problem persists, provide more information about the issue and it would help to proceed further on this

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 1, 2016 02:58 PM UTC

Ok thanks! Solved!
The target project was 4.5 and dll's 4.0
Moving the the project to 4.0 target framework fix the issue!

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Gianni,

We are glad that your issue has been resolved.
Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon