We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to Change AnimationType in running program

Hey there,

I'm trying to change the value of the SfBusyIndicatior.AnimationType depending on Values of a Combobox. So the next time the busyindicator is shown it should play the animation selected by the value of the combobox.
This works if the Combobox has a default value, otherwise the busyindicator is initialized with the flower animation as default. So the first time setting the animation type on program startup sets the correct value.

I've tried to change the AnimationType value by XAML binding with a converter and via code behind. Both with the same result. The property is set correctly but when the busyindicator is displayed it shows 2 animations at the same time. The animation set on program startup and the newly selected animation.
Setting the animationtype in code behind I tried different ways
  • setting the property directly via busyindicator.AnimationType = ....
  • setting the property directly and calling busyindicator.InvalidateVisual();
  • calling busyindicator.clearValue(SfBusyIndicator.AnimationType) and setting the property directly
  • calling busyindicatior.InvalidateProperty(SfBusyIndicator.AnimationType) and setting the property directly
  • setting the property calling busyindicator.SetValue(SfBusyIndicator.AnimationType, newValue) 
  • setting the property calling busyindicator.SetCurrentValue(SfBusyIndicator.AnimationType, newValue)
  • Setting the busyindicator control of the mainwindow to busyindicator = new SfBusyIndicator() and then setting the AnimationType property directly

Everything ends in the same result that 2 animations are shown simultaniously at the same position.

Any help or hint is highly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2015 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Kay,
We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon