We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scroll to the selected row of the SfDataGrid

Hello,

I am currently having a SfDataGrid that has a DataTable as ItemsSource and I am trying to do the following:
  1. Find a specific row of the grid based on the string of a TextBox (e.g. write the LastName in a TextBox and find the first record that contains this record).
  2. After finding this record, select it.
  3. If the selected record is not visible (we cannot see it on the view that is shown on the screen), scroll until it becomes visible. 

How can we implement the described functionality? Please note that it is a very important and urgent issue for us.

Thank you.

3 Replies

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team April 22, 2015 02:05 AM UTC

Hi Patak,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query. We don’t have a direct support to select the specific row based on the text entered in textbox. However you can achieve this requirement through workaround. For your reference we have prepared the sample based on this and please find the sample under the following location,

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/137224/DatatableSample664078815.zip

In the above sample, we have compared the searched text with all records in Grid and add a record to a SelectedItem of Grid in TextChanged event.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Jai Ganesh S

GS Geoff Scott January 2, 2016 02:59 AM UTC

Hi.

This works fine when I don't have a hierarchy. 

Could you post (or point me to a post) that shows me how to find where the first instance of a particular leaf (matches search criteria) is in the tree.
I would then expand to that point and highlight the row.

Note, I do not want to filter, I simply want to open the first specific tree path matching a selection criterion.

Cheers
Geoff Scott

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team January 4, 2016 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Geoff,

We have already planned for the Searching feature in SfDataGrid (with nested grid) for this release and currently we are working on this. This feature will be included in our upcoming Volume 4 main release, 2016 and it will available by the mid of  January, 2016. We will update you once Volume 4 has been rolled out.

Regards,
Jai Ganesh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon