We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to pass the parameter to the Grid

I want to pass parameters to the action method which is in charge of getting data for the grid(like BatchDataSource). How do I do that?

9 Replies

MI minh April 15, 2015 01:45 AM UTC

It seems like it's QueryParam so what assembly stores this QueryParam. How do I get this extension method and how I use it?
Thanks

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 15, 2015 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Minh,
Thanks for using Syncfusion products.
Query 1: “pass parameter to action method that fetch data for Grid”
We are glad to let you know that your requirement can be achieved by using “Query” property of Grid. Please refer the following code snippets.

@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("Grid")

.Query("new ej.Query().addParams('empID',2)") // addding extra paramater using 'addParams'

)

For your convenience we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from below link.
Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118841/EJGrid1467055930.zip
Please refer the following documentation for further reference on Query
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/Documents/query.htm
Query 2: “what assembly stores this QueryParam”
For your information “QueryParam” api which belongs to classic Grid. Please refer the following code snippets to find the difference between classic Grid and new Grid Control.

@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("Grid") //New Grid

@(Html.Syncfusion().Grid<Order>( //Classic Grid

So if your requirement is regarding classic Grid control then please get back to us so that we could provide you a response as early as possible. Please find the difference bet
Note: We have provided the above sample in Query 1 with the new Grid control
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

MI minh April 15, 2015 05:00 PM UTC

The sample you gave me is not working.

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 16, 2015 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Minh,
Thanks for the update.
The sample we provided is working fine in our end. Could you please check the sample again and let us know what issue you are facing while running the sample so that we could provide you a response as early as possible?

Also please confirm whether you using Classic Grid or new Grid. Please refer the following code snippets to find the difference between classic Grid and new Grid Control.

@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("Grid") //New Grid

@(Html.Syncfusion().Grid( //Classic Grid

If you are using Classic Grid, then the sample we provided might not work in your end as we had created that sample with new Grid control.
Please let us know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

MI minh April 16, 2015 02:14 PM UTC

It's working. That's my mistake. Sorry about that

MI minh April 16, 2015 05:37 PM UTC

I use this syntax to pass an integer variable to action method
@{
int AtdId = 50;
}
.Query("new ej.Query().addParams('Id', 'AtdId')")

Or 
.Query("new ej.Query().addParams('Id', AtdId)")
I always get Null value for action method and it does not work for second case.
If I pass parameters like this:

.Query("new ej.Query().addParams('Id', 50)")
It will work.
So how can I pass variable to server side action method? Very frustrating

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 17, 2015 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Minh,
Thanks for the update.
We have analyzed your code snippets and found that you have just simply given the variable “AtdId” as a string in Grid property “Query” in Grid property which is the cause of the issue. We suggest you to use the following code snippets to use variable inside string.

@{

int AtdId = 2;

}

@(Html.EJ().Grid<object>("Grid")

.Query("new ej.Query().addParams('empID',"+AtdId+")")

)

Also for your information, when we pass integer value then the parameter in server-side action should be of integer type and if we pass string to integer then null exception would occur.
For your convenience we have modified the sample based on your requirement and the same can be downloaded from below link.
Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118841/EJGrid-542044981.zip
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

MI minh April 17, 2015 04:56 PM UTC

Thanks a lot. It would been great if I can found this on documentation!

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 20, 2015 05:58 AM UTC

Hi Minh,
Thanks for the update.
We have considered your suggestion and we will add this in our Grid documentation.
Please let us know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon