We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

An exception occured while deserializing client reports

Hello,

When I add any dimension which name contains at least one polish character and after that I try to do any toolbar operation then an following exception occurs:

There is an error in XML document (1, 3166). / Inner: '', hexadecimal value 0x05, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 3166. / StackTrace: at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at Syncfusion.Olap.Common.Common.DeserializeObject[T](String xml)

in:

dataManager.Reports = _olapClient.DeserializedReports(clientReports);

I am using OlapClient version 13.1.0.21. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you!

3 Replies

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team April 13, 2015 01:39 PM UTC

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are converting OlapReport at the instance to XML string for deserialization. On deserialization, XML string should not contain any polish characters which will result in the reported exception. We have demonstrated it with a console application showing the deserialization of XML string containing polish characters. Kindly refer the sample attached in below link.

Sample Link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118810/ConsoleApplication1-2003060320.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Alagarsamy D.

TM Tailored Mobile Solutions Sp. z o.o. April 13, 2015 03:28 PM UTC

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

In my opinion in the attached sample an exception occurs, because XML string is not deserializing to corresponding object. If I write proper class:

public class note
{
    public string to { get; set; }
    public string from { get; set; }
    public string body { get; set; }
}

and change DeserializeObject<Stream>() to DeserializeObject<note>() then it works although XML string contains polish characters.

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team April 14, 2015 12:11 PM UTC

Dear customer,

Thanks for the update.

We were able to reproduce the issue and we have confirmed this as bug and logged a report on this. Also we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this issue.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

Loader.
Up arrow icon