We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BC30560: 'ColorPicker' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web'.

I am unable to start simple ColorPicker control
What I have done so far:
1. Add reference Syncfusion.EJ.Web to the project in VS 2013
2. Update web.config
<add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web, Version=12.4451.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" />
3. Drag-and-Drop ColorPicker control to test_S.ascx
4. Add <%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web, Version=12.4451.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" Namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" TagPrefix="ej" %> at the top of test_S.ascx
5. I am using Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408

I am getting:

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ColorPicker' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web'.

Source Error:

Line 42:                 Select A Color
Line 43:             </label>
Line 44:             <ej:ColorPicker runat="server" ID="colorpick" Value="#278787"></ej:ColorPicker>                
Line 45:         </div>
Line 46:     </div>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Portal_6\Prodaja_s\test_S.ascx    Line: 44

3 Replies

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 9, 2015 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Dario,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

The reported issue has occurred due to mismatching of DLL version in your sample. If you are using 12.4.0.24 and if the frame wok version is 4.0, then the DLL version should be 12.4400.0.24. Please check the ‘bin’ folder and refer the following table for DLL reference.

.Net Frame Work Version

DLL Reference

Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Syncfusion Essential Studio and click on Explore sample.

2. Click on samples and open web folder, you can get the bin folder inside.

3. Check the version of DLL inside the bin folder.

DLL version should match the framework version you have used. And also, please check the web.config file in your sample.

All the assemblies referred inside the web.config file should match your .NET framework version.

When the assemblies are referred from GAC reference, follow the provided steps.

1. Open Solution Explorer in the application, click on References and get the Syncfusion.EJ and Syncfusion.EJ.Web assembly references.

2. View the properties by right-clicking the Syncfusion.EJ.Web, inside references.

3. Check the version of the assembly in the Properties tab.

We have prepared the sample with basic Colorpicker component and it can be downloaded in the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/137636/Color_Picker_ASP98923478.zip

Also we are having a KB documentation regarding this error and it can found under the following link location.

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3354/how-to-eradicate-parse-error-autocomplete-is-ambiguous-in-the-namespace-syncfusion-javascript-web

Please let us know if you have further concern.

Regards,

Saranya.S

DA Dario April 9, 2015 03:05 PM UTC

I agree with you and I am aware of that. Only problem that exist that I have only version 12.4451.0.24 and 12.4450.0.24 in received syncfusion distribution.
I can't find 12.4400.0.24 version of dll 

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 10, 2015 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Dario,

Thanks for your update.

We would like to let you know that, while installing our Essential Studio build all the assemblies will be placed in the following installed path location.

<Installed Location>\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\precompiledassemblies\12.4.0.24

In order to get 12.4400.0.24 Syncfusion.EJ.Web.dll you can find it in the following path location.

<Installed Location>\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\precompiledassemblies\12.4.0.24\4.0

Kindly check in the above installed location and refer the assembly in your sample. If still you can’f find the assemblies please report us back.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,

Saranya.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon