We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel like behaviour expected for CellType= DoubleEdit

I want to achieve Excel like behaviour for DoubleEdit text box.
grid.Model[6, 2].CellType = "DoubleEdit";

My issue is exactly similar to below thread, but cell type is DoubleEdit.
http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/118735/excel-like-behaviour-expected-of-syncfusion-grid-cells

I had tried similar to this example in the query, but I am getting build error.
Error :
Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Syncfusion.Windows.Shared.DoubleTextBox' to 'System.Windows.IInputElement'

3 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team April 9, 2015 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Basavaraj,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query and based on your requirement, we have prepared a sample by customizing the existing GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer in the CustomDoubleTextBoxCellRendererExt class in which the cursor will be pointed to the location you have clicked in the cell. Please find the attached sample below.

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

Attachment: CustomRenderer664138469_d8aa6efc.zip

BA Basavaraj Angadi replied to Kanimozhi Bharathi April 9, 2015 05:18 PM UTC

Hi Basavaraj,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query and based on your requirement, we have prepared a sample by customizing the existing GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer in the CustomDoubleTextBoxCellRendererExt class in which the cursor will be pointed to the location you have clicked in the cell. Please find the attached sample below.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

Attachment: CustomRenderer664138469_d8aa6efc.zip

Hi Syncfusion,
  This works for TextBox, But I am asking for Celltype = DoubleEdit , 

Custom Double Edit, which should render from "GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer" Class .

The example u provided is for TextBox not for CellType = DoubleEdit

TextBox Inherits from GridCellTextBoxRenderer ,  BUT DoubleEdit inherits from GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer.

Please provide example for CellType = DoubleEdit

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team April 10, 2015 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Basavaraj,

We have analyzed your query and based on your requirement, we have prepared a sample by customizing the existing GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer in the CustomDoubleTextBoxCellRendererExt class in which the cursor will be pointed to the location you have clicked in the cell. Please find the code snippet for your reference.

Code snippet:

public class CustomDoubleTextBoxCellRendererExt : GridCellDoubleEditCellRenderer

Please find the below sample attached below:

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118761/CustomRenderer858216692.zip

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon