We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Barcoed in PDF

Hi,

I just wanted to know what happend of the barcode utility that was tehre in version 4.1 to insert in pdf ?

Regards

Miky

8 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 17, 2007 12:23 PM UTC

Hi,

We have introduced the support for rendering Barcode in PDF as beta in 4.1 and was removed in next version 4.2, as it was unstable. We have made old version of PDF as legacy and improving the new version of PDF. So we will include this feature again in new PDF but it will be available only after 6 months.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Thanks,
Melba

HS Howard Shlom February 27, 2009 08:41 PM UTC

6 months is now up.

Does Syncfusion have a new version with Bar Code creation?

Thanks!

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 2, 2009 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Howard,

We have implemented this feature [to insert Barcode into the pdf document] in our latest versions. We have support the following barcode types using Essential PDF:

* Code39
* Code39Extended
* Code11
* Codabar
* Code32
* Code93
* Code93Extended
* Code128
* Code128A
* Code128B
* Code128C

This link gives further detailed information on barcodes supported in PDF and the sample codes in VB and C#:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_71/pdf/Barcode.html

Sample brower location for this feature:
\\My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\7.1.0.21\Windows\Pdf.Windows\Samples\2.0\Graphics\Barcode\CS

Please download the latest version from the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=79036

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

HS Howard Shlom March 27, 2009 06:54 PM UTC

Bhuvana

Thank you, that's good news.

But any plans on writing the 2D barcodes,
like PDF417, Datamatrix or QF8?

Thanks again,
Howard

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team March 31, 2009 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Howard,

Currently we don't have any immediate plan to implement this feature in the nearer future. However, we do have plans for implementing it in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

IP It Pivato Srl March 30, 2015 01:02 PM UTC

Hi, barcode PDF417 is implement in some souce code sample?
Thanks and Regards,
Alessandro

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Alessandro,
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently we do not have support for PDF417 Barcode, we have already logged a Feature request for this. We will let you know once this feature is implemented. But, We do have support for QR and Data matrix barcodes. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/conceptsandfeatures3.htm

Regards,
Karthikeyan.C

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team October 6, 2020 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Alessandro,  

We have included the feature “Support for PDF417 barcode symbology” in our Volume 3 release and we glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 3, 2020 is rolled out. Please find the download link from below,  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon