We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Word Documents containing Charts

I apologize but I am very new to Syncfusion, have many questions and am not finding many relevant online examples.

I have the following code snipit:

doc = new Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument();
            doc.Open(@"C:\SyncFusionTestFiles\KarlsTestChart.docx");

and KarlsTestChart.xlsx (attached) contains a chart.

Where in the WordDocument would I find the chart? Using Visual Studio in the debugger I can easily find all the paragraphs but not the chart.

Attachment: KarlsTestChart_775504b6.zip

2 Replies

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently DocIO does not provide any API to access and modify the chart contents in the Word Document. We have already logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases and we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depends on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented

Please let us know in case of any other question

Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 06:06 PM UTC

Hi Karl,

Dhivyalakshmi has provided the standard response for non supported features, but in this scenario, we are planning to add this functionality to DocIO before the next release. We already have the ability to read and manipulate Charts in Excel using our XlsIO library and since Word uses the same charts as Excel, we are abstracting the chart library to be common for DocIO and XlsIO also. We will provide a patch or beta of the new functionality as soon as it is available.

Regards,

Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon