We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot DataBind a Grid

Hello,

I am new to the control set... so please forgive me if this is obvious...

I decided I would try to start out easy and use the Grid control.  I replaced a grid I was using with the Grid control, and per the examples I should be able to use the DataSource and DataBind() property and method.. but they don't seem to exist.  I get the following error, for example:

'Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web.Grid' does not contain a definition for 'DataBind' and no extension method 'DataBind' accepting a first argument of type 'Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web.Grid' could be found.

It suggests maybe I am missing an assembly reference.. but not sure what I would be missing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

4 Replies

PY Paul Yanzick March 31, 2015 04:45 AM UTC

Figured this one out... grid still doesn't work (doesn't show up.. even using an example direct from documentation) but it compiles now.  Had to add a reference to Syncfusion.EJ as apparently that is not automatically added, and I didn't find this requirement in documentation anywhere.

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team April 1, 2015 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Based on your requirement, we have created a simple sample. Please refer the sample for further details.
Sample: aspsample12.34.zip

We suspect that you have not referred the scripts and css files to the application. For creating the ASP.NET application, we should add the Syncfusion.EJ and Syncfusion.EJ.Web dll in the reference and scripts, CSS. Please refer the documentation in following links:
1. Documentation for how to create and add the dll’s, scripts, CSS in ASP.NET:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/creatingyourfirstapp.htm

2. Documentation for creating the Grid in ASP.NET:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/createyourfirstgridi2.htm
Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Balaji Marimuthu

PY Paul Yanzick April 1, 2015 12:46 PM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.  I have gotten past this point now, but am running into a CSS issue with the control... seems something is overriding some of its styles and not sure how to handle that yet.  I will look at the example you prepared a bit later today though.  Thanks!

Paul

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update.

We will wait for your response. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Balaji Marimuthu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon