We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Odd result for "Save" methed of 3D Sfchart

A simple project, put a 3D sfchart on main window , then put a button:

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            Demo3DChart.Save("3DChartSave.bmp");
        }

After save, the bmp file looks real strange.

Please see the attach project.

6 Replies

YJ Yang Jun March 17, 2015 10:39 AM UTC

I can't upload attach file, don't know why.

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team March 18, 2015 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Yang,

We have analyzed the reported query and we are not able to reproduce the problem.

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please find the sample in the below location. If problem persist, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your requirement along with the replication procedure?

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Suresh S

Attachment: Sample_with_screenshot_5687513a.zip

YJ Yang Jun March 19, 2015 02:35 AM UTC

Hi, Suresh:

Thank you for your reply.
    I modified your project, and this time I successfully uploaded a attach.
    I think the key is:
        1. Define 2 columns in the layout grid, and put the 3Dchart into the secend one(Column 1), suppose Column 0 is used for other controls.
        2. Adjust the left "Margin" property, you will see not just the "Margin" of the chart will be changed, but also the distance between "chart area" and "border" of the chart, in fact, the "Margin" will be doubled.
        3. click save button, you will see the image will only have half of the chart.

Regards,
Yang

Attachment: Sfchart3dmodified_7fedf83f.zip

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team March 19, 2015 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Yang,

Thanks for your response.

We have analyzed the reported scenario and we would like to inform you that SfChart exporting was implemented using RenderTargetBitmap. This will render the visual object based on coordinate of its parent. When we render visual with margin then it will consider the initial margin and this is a framework issue.

In order to resolve this problem, we can place the chart inside a panel and setting margin to the panel. Also, we have modified the sample, please download from below location.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Suresh S

Attachment: Sfchart3dmodified_53877916.zip

YJ Yang Jun March 20, 2015 07:27 AM UTC

Hi, Suresh:

Thank you very much, now the save matherd works fine, .

Here I have another question.
    Yesterday I tried to put 25 simple line series into a 3D chart (each series has 7 data points), and I need this chart can be rotated by mouse, so the "EnableRotation" property have to be "True". But the performance is not good, the response time for mouse rotation is too long.
   So, is there any way to get better performance?
   5 years ago, I tried the same thing on another 3D line control (winform gdi+ version), that performance was good, so is this a WPF issue? 

Regards,
Yang

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team March 25, 2015 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Yang,

We have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this reported query.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any query

Regards,

Suresh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon