We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Various custom changes

Hi,

I have a circular gauge and it works in the main,  I have 4 questions to improve the look of it.

1) Is there a way to configure the gauge with default values but make the height and width set for it scale it accordingly.  At the moment it seems that the height and width don't affect the interior measurements.
2) I want to move the labels for the scale closer to the ticks, what setting controls this.
3) I've been unable to find any examples of how to use the gradients.  For example I'd expect to see a start, end colour as well as an angle of change.  Please provide an example of this, for instance I'd like the pointer cap to start at #535f6b and end at #191c20 in a left to right angle. You can see what I'd like to acehive in the attached file called desired.png
4) Is there a way to do a custom pointer such as the one in the attached file desired.png
5) Finally when using a semi circle gauge and frames as per this example (http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/frames.htm) how would you add in a custom triangle to hide the sloping edge caused by the drawing from the centre of the circle.  It's clear what I mean from seeing the current.png file attached.

Regards

Jon

2 Replies

JE Jon E March 13, 2015 10:14 AM UTC

Not sure if the image file was attached so adding again...

SK Sarath Kumar P K Syncfusion Team March 16, 2015 02:04 PM UTC

Hi Jon,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the following responses for your queries:

Query #1: Is there a way to configure the gauge with default values but make the height and width set for it scale it accordingly. At the moment it seems that the height and width don't affect the interior measurements.

We would like to inform you that, the height and width value is only for the “canvas element”. Therefore, if you increase the height and width means you need to set the “scale radius” value based on the Height and width value. By default radius and scale radius values are set “180” and height and width are “360”. If we set the customized radius value means, the height and width value should be double or above the doubled radius value (Ex: if radius: 100 , width: 200, height: 200) to render the gauge with proper display.

<code>

<ej:CircularScales Radius="130">

</code>

Query #2: I want to move the labels for the scale closer to the ticks, what setting controls this.

You can move the “Labels for the scale closer to the ticks”. Please find the following code snippet to set the “Scale value to make it closer to ticks”.

<code>

<LabelCollection>

<ej:CircularLabels DistanceFromScale="-6"></ej:CircularLabels>

</LabelCollection>

</code>

We have prepared a sample with the above code snippets, which can be downloaded from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118498/Gauge-1957384217.zip

Query #3: I've been unable to find any examples of how to use the gradients. For example I'd expect to see a start, end colour as well as an angle of change. Please provide an example of this, for instance I'd like the pointer cap to start at #535f6b and end at #191c20 in a left to right angle. You can see what I'd like to achieve in the attached file called desired.png

Query #4: Is there a way to do a custom pointer such as the one in the attached file desired.png

Query #5: Finally when using a semi circle gauge and frames as per this example (http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/frames.htm) how would you add in a custom triangle to hide the sloping edge caused by the drawing from the centre of the circle. It's clear what I mean from seeing the current.png file attached.

We regret to let you know that, due to our website issue we couldn’t find any attachment in the created forum”. Therefore, we request to send your attachment “to support mail box @ support@syncfusion.com”, which is more helpful for us to understand your requirement clearly and able to provide you the better solution.

Please let us know if it helps and if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sarath Kumar P K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon