We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multilines for autocomplete

hi,
does the autocomplete control support multilines input ?

if not, please suggest me the appropriate way to handle this .
the user have to select from multiple paragraphs (2/3 lines each max), so after the first key press he/she should have some suggetions based on input .

any help is welcome .
thanks and good day .

3 Replies

TA Thirumurugan Arumugam Syncfusion Team March 13, 2015 07:51 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have prepared a sample that tries to meet your requirement. In this sample we have created a list with multilines input and binding the list to AutoComplete by CustomSource. We have attached the sample and you can download the sample from the following link.

Sample Link: AutoComplete_118494.zip

If we have misunderstood your requirement, please update us with more details about your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Regards,

Thirumurugan Arumugam

IS issam March 13, 2015 08:56 AM UTC

Hi,
many thaks for the sample .

but it just a little further than that, my bad i didn't give more details.

in my early prototyping i have used a combobox with IsEditable Property Enabled bound to an ObservableCollection<BusinessObject> .

so i have some sort of autocomplete with that .
when the user leave the focus of that combobox , it test if there is a valid selected BusinessObject, if not, it append a new one based o the combobox text entered and add it to the ObservableCollection .

this work for simple texts, but not for multilines one .since when the user type the return character it leave the edition momde of the combobox .

so the goal is to have a multiline "autocomplete" control that accept return input, if it would be possible

that's it :)

TA Thirumurugan Arumugam Syncfusion Team March 16, 2015 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thank you for your update.

We have modified the sample that tries to meet your requirement. In this sample, we have set such that auto complete accepts the return inputs by pressing Enter or LostFocus. We have attached the sample and you can download the sample from the following link.

Sample Link: AutoComplete_118494.zip

If we have misunderstood your requirement, please update us with more details about your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,

Regards,
Thirumurugan Arumugam.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon