We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Change Ribbon Theme from Backstage Header issue

I using the backstage to change the theme of the ribbon. with a BackstageTabItem. Inside the Item i have a listbox with an ItemTemplate of RibbonButtons.  In the SelectedItem property i have a method that changes the RibbonTheme (currently using Office2010Black and Office2010Blue. My ribbon window VisualStyle="Office2013". When the theme is selected the  Backstage arrow in not closed. I made i work around with this code:

var vm = DataContext as EFOStartUpViewModel;
SkinStorage.SetVisualStyle(this.Ribbon, vm.RibbonTheme);

and use it in the Ribbon_BackStageClosed event. Is there a better way to assign through binding the ribbon theme? The above code is not working:

syncfusion:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="{Binding RibbonTheme}"

Sample code:

<syncfusion:Backstage x:Name="RibbonBackStage">
                    <syncfusion:BackstageTabItem Header="Themes">
                        <Grid>
                            <ListBox ItemsSource="{Binding ThemesList}"
                                     ItemTemplate="{DynamicResource ThemeButtonTemplate}"
                                     SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedTheme}">
                            </ListBox>
                    </syncfusion:BackstageTabItem>
                </syncfusion:Backstage>
            </syncfusion:Ribbon.BackStage>

I can provide a sample if needed.

Thank you

George

3 Replies

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team March 10, 2015 09:13 AM UTC

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

In Ribbon control, to close the BackStage we have a method namely 'HideBackStage()'. We have prepared the sample in which ListBox is added to BackStageTabItem. On selecting the theme in ListBox the corresponding theme is set in 'SelectionChanged' event and the BackStage is closed using 'HideBackSatge()' method. If your requirement is different from this sample please provide more information regarding your requirement.

Please download the sample from the following location.

Sample link: RibbonSample.zip

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Mariappan S.

GC Govindaraj Chinnasamy July 7, 2017 01:00 PM UTC

Hi,

If set the theme to "Blend" in the shared sample its not showing "File" Backstage tab item. is there any work around for this ?

Output:

Thanks,

Govind

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team July 10, 2017 12:41 PM UTC

Hi George, 

Thanks for your update. 

In our standard SkinManager Themes, we have provided style only for the ApplicationMenu in Blend style. Therefore, BackStageHeader is not visible in classic themes. In our SfSkinManager themes, we have included the support for BackStage in Blend style. So, we suggest you to use the SfSkinManager themes to make the BackStageHeader visible in your application. We have prepared a simple sample in Ribbon with SfSkinManager theme and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon