We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Performance in DataGrid

I made a code just for testing the time it gets to fill a DataGrid in a Universal app

You need to see the source code to understand this

Milliseconds in Windows 8.1 without grid part

1- 0
2- 14
3- 15
4- 16
5- 16

Milliseconds in Windows 8.1 with grid part

1- 0
2- 58
3- 58
4- 59
5- 159

---------------

Milliseconds in Windows Phone 8.1 without grid part

1- 0
2- 12
3- 24
4- 38
5- 49

Milliseconds in Windows Phone 8.1 with grid part

1- 0
2- 321
3- 334
4- 349
5- 886

If you check the Windows Phone proyect in a device, it seems like 2.6 seconds

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe converting this to an Observable collection works best

Attachment: ListObservable_d685275a.rar

3 Replies

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team March 10, 2015 04:54 PM UTC

Hi Isaac,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed your query and in your sample you are loading 10 columns and 80 records to SfDataGrid. SfDataGrid will take considerable time delay only for loading the ItemsSource in view. Could you please share more details like you are using any style to SfDataGrid? that would be more helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Ashok

SU sunco March 11, 2015 04:11 AM UTC

I minimize as far I can the provided source code and as you can see it takes long to fill

I'm trying to use on a Mysql client app on a Windows Phone 8.1

I use a Lumia 920 for testing

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team March 12, 2015 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Isaac,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed your query and if you want to improve the SfDataGrid loading performance, you can use GridVirtualizingCollectionView. Please refer the below UG location for finding more details regarding DataVirtualization. And if you want to improve the SfDataGrid scrolling performance, you can use syncfusion:ScrollableContentViewer instead of Microsoft ScrollViewer. We have prepared a simple sample using GridVirtualizingCollectionView, syncfusion:ScrollableContentViewer and attached in the below sample location, please refer it.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118414/DataVirtualization_WinRT189746072.zip

UG link: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/winrt/default.htm#!documents/datavirtualization.htm

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon