We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Spanish translation

Hi Alberto,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Our Syncfusion Essential Studio service pack release 1 (v12.4.0.30) does not contain LightSwitch HTML platform. But we would like to inform that our Syncfusion Essential Studio service pack release 2 (v12.4.0.34) contains LightSwitch HTML platform setup. So, no need to reinstall the Syncfusion version.

You can able to download the LightSwitch HTML service pack release v12.4.0.34 from the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/servicepacks/12.4.0.34  

Regarding this query “To Export without Grid Control”, a new incident has been created. In order to get the response for this query, please follow the support incident 136130.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Reagrds,
Kathiresan S.

25 Replies

AR Alberto Rojas March 5, 2015 05:30 AM UTC

Congrats on your controls!!!.

I am working on an Web app (html client) and would like to use your controls, specially the grid control. I am having a hard time finding how to translate the toolbar buttons text into Spanish. I have seen your answer for  German translation on rich text box (which I will also be using) but need some pointers to do the same with all controls.  Is there a methodic way of doing this? or is it possible at all?. My localization strategy for database fields and screen display fields is simple and have no need for RESX files.

Any help would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

JAROJASP

Alan,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I tried your example and works as expected. I have some additional questions:

1. The controls I need to translate are: (A). Report Viewer and (B). Export toolbar.
2. I have over 300 screens in my system, is there a way to put all translation into a class and invoke such class with screen ID instead of rewriting the same code for each individual screen?.
3. All of my browse screens have a checkbox for multi selection (in order to erase one or more records on the grid). Can I do the same with your grid?. I am always handling the table view, no tile or list views.
4.  All of my browse screens will use the export toolbar besides the natural standard functions. Is there a way to enable or disable any toolbar buttons (standard and export) based on certain conditions on my screen?.
5. Is there any documentation on the parameters required (as per your answer for translation) for each control in order to understand better the way they work?

I have been testing the controls and really enjoyed the way they work. But, before committing any changes would love to hear from you n the above questions.

Again, thank you very much for your prompt answer and Kind regards,

Alberto

Alan,
In my last post I forgot to ask about translation of error messages, specially from web page.

Thanks again and Kind Regards,

Alberto

Syncfusion Team,

Thank you very much for your answer!. I totally understand the Multiple select issue, I missed reading your previous answer.  The export translation is for the report viewer toolbar and I would like to have it also in the normal export toolbar. Can.

Kind Regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the file specified in your message: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale_(2)337212828.zip , unzipped and tried to load in vs2013 ultimate with update 4. Unfortunately It fails with  the following message: "Loading designer failed. Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances. Exception from HRESULT 0x80131301", it does not load correctly!!!!, IIS was working correctly as well as all other systems I have developed including some examples I downloaded from your forums.  I tried to load the original grid translation file http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale1605979774.zip  and again, get the same error. Now, I cannot work with either file.

Kind Regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you for your assistance and reply. I downloaded the file you specified ( http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale1233245793.zip )but unfortunately I am still getting the same error. Before I gave up, I opened the "sampleBrowser" project and copied the code from your project into the export screen of the "samplebrowser" (modified a couple of things) and IT WORKS!!!. I didn't have time to scrutinize the differences but one noticeable is that in "samplebrowser" it uses msls2.0.0 and in your example it uses msls2.5.1.  Ther are many other differences including also the default.html file which I have not had the time to review.

In my system I am using msls2.5.2 and all works fine. I have not tried incorporating the code you facilitated into my Web app.

Another quirk I just noticed is that in the word export, for this specific sample it duplicates the freight cost as such:

10288 REGGC 4 $6.45$6.45 Reggiani Caseifici Argentina

Again, thanks for your assistance and Kind Regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer. It is working correctly.

Since my app depends heavily on images and Boolean values I guess I will have to wait for the March release. Although there is no mention of being able to export images. In my actual system I have been able to deal with both by using openxml.

I have some other issues as follows:

1. The dashboard tells me that Lightswitch is not installed.
2. Is there any way to use the export functions and menus directly without the use of ej.grid?.  I would like from my own browse or view screen to pass the grid contents to word, pdf or excel. Is it possible?

Thank you very much for your support and kind regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer. Follows are my comments:

1. If the files not installed in that location then try to reinstall the LightSwitch HTML setup again and ensure LightSwitch in Dashboard. - which file(s) should I reinstall from version .30?, I downloaded these files for update: syncfusionessentialsforaspnet, syncfusionessentialsforaspnetmvc, syncfusionextensions, syncfusionjavascript and others regarding winphone, winrt and android. These were the available downloads.

2. I am sending the two files you specified - Logs and Dashboard.xml.

3. To Export without Grid Control - I have developed my own screens, some are RIA queries(mixed more than two tables for reporting purposes) generated and some are plain data from tables that I would like to export by clicking my own button outside ej.control generated data for both browse and view screens.

Again, thank you for your support,

Kind Regards,

Alberto

Attachment: Dashboard_21b4672e.zip

Alan,

Thank you for your suggestion to the problem I had. I have been able to fix it!.

I have some additional questions based on my system design:

1. Can I use out of the box View Details screen when a user clicks on a selected browse screen record?
2. Can I use the export toolbar on such view details screen?. I need to be able to export that single record.
3. I have queries that allow me to make searches on multiple fields on browse screens and are displayed via a popup, can I incorporate this in the ej.grid?

Kind Regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer and I apologize for not answering sooner but I have been testing your components on my actual system which is a Real Estate Management system and searches and images are very important.

I have some issues for which I need clarification:

1. I have tables that have more than 40 fields with Booleans and images that need to be displayed and exported.
2. One important case is that on data input and browse screens I need to display the SI or NO values instead of TRUE AND FALSE. I have achieved this through custom control code linked to the render on each field. Can this be done with your components?
3. On the export option I need to export images to PDF, WORD and EXCEL. Can this be done?
4. My search options allows me to search Boolean fields but the user is presented a SI or NO question. Can this be done?

The below image shows a browse screen with search options:

Ac
Aceptado is SI OR NO but is presented to the user as such.

Again, thank you for your answer and kind regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer. I have been testing the application sent to me https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents  and have the following issues:

Upgraded to version .30 from .24 - Downloaded all available files and installed, no problem with the exception of javascript which only creates a directory and I don't know where to put it or copy it to. The freight issue has been fixed. There are no instructions on how to install the updates correctly, I just executed them.

Search box - When I hit "si" or "no" it does not work as expected, it brings up unknown records. In order to search correctly  I have to type in "True" or "False". It is searching by CustomerID.

Verfied Field - I don't know where the field comes from, in my system I have it in tables of type Boolean, There is a box on the heading that allows me to apparently search the column and when I type in "si" or "no" it does not do the search.

Buscar Modo - If I search by customerID I will get records displayed but since it's doing an AND  and the "Es Aceptado" field is not checked it will only bring back those record with customerID typed and are False on verified field (not the behavior expected). If I click on Es Aceptado field it will bring back the records with CustomerID typed and which verified is true (not expected behavior). I modified the code to use "OR" instead of "AND" and it still doesn't work as I need it. The requirements are simple, I need to search by any field on my table not only the displayed fields on the browse screen. That is why on my popup search screen I show all fields and when the user types in a value for a field the browse screen shows all records that comply with the search (only showing the fields that are on the browse screen). For Boolean fields their render routine will display "Es Aceptado" in grey, if they click on it it turns to green and immediately show the browse screen, when they unclick it it will turn to red displaying the text "No es Aceptado" and immediately display the results on the browse screen. The "Refrescar Pantalla" will display all original records and turn the Boolean values search field (whatever the user clicked or unclicked to grey specifying no value in them). This way I don't get the behavior presented in your example. I am using the pre process query on the search to build the queries on the fly.  Can I have he same behavior with your datagrid?.  Another small issue is that the checkbox for "Es Aceptado" is misplaced, it doesn't show to left of the text and is not big enough I need it 14 px. Is there any documentation to understand the code you are exposing?

Exporting the grid - I placed into your example code for exporting the grid which I copied from an original version provided by you and it does not work. I get the following error:

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Application.Server.dll but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.DocIO.Base, Version=12.4450.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at line :

exp.Export(gridPropert, (IEnumerable)data, "Export.docx");

It does the same on individual record export. I tried the other original example in http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale-1840519435.zip and when exporting I get an error specifying the file cannot be downloaded.

My development environment is win 8.1, vs 2013 ultimate, ctp4 and your upgraded Syncfusion  community edition to .30.

It would be great if I could get documentation on how to use exactly your controls or at least that it will allow me to understand the code so that I may know my limitations.

Again, thank you very much for your answers and support

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answers. I downloaded the file that includes the Dll's you specified and verified the GAC installation on my machine and they are registered under the GAC_MSIL directory and the only registered Dll in GAC_32 is SyncFusion.GechoHtmlRenderer.base. From your statements I would like to understand is that I have to re-register them using GAC_UTIL?. If so, where should I register them?. Could you please provide the exact command to use?.

Again, thank you very much for your support and Kind Regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer. I followed your instruction exactly, unregistered version .30, registered version .30 assemblies successfully and unfortunately I am still getting the same error when trying to export. The loaded files in "referene assemblies"  (the name provided in your project, it's missing the "c") are:

Syncfusion.Chart.Wpf.xml
Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll
Syncfusion.EJ.dll
Syncfusion.EJ.Export.dll
Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll
Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll

Checking the properties of the project, the extensions enabled from syncfusion are:
Web for Html Lightswitch   syncfusion Inc 12.4.0.24.

Am I missing something?

Again,  thank you for your support and kind regards,

Alberto

Alan,

Forgot to paste the actual error:

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll but was not handled in user code
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Core, Version=12.4450.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Now it can't load syncfusion.core.

Kind Regards,

Alberto

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team March 5, 2015 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Query 1: “how to translate the toolbar buttons text into Spanish”

We would like to let you know that the “locale” property of Grid helps to set culture to Grid and then by overriding the properties of ej.Grid.localization we can provide the localization strings to toolbar buttons. Please refer the following code snippets.

itemTemplate.ejGrid(

{

locale:"es-ES",

}

ej.Grid.locale["es-ES"] = {

Add: "añadir",

Edit: "editar",

Delete: "Delete",

Update: "borrar",

Cancel: "cancelar",

}

Also please ensure to refer the globalize.culture.en-ES.min.js script file in your project and follow the below order while referring the scripts.

<link rel='nofollow' href="@Url.Content("~/Content/themes/ej.widgets.core.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" />

<link rel='nofollow' href="@Url.Content("~/Content/themes/ej.theme.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.easing-1.3.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.globalize.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

@*the culture file to be added after the jquery.globalize.js file*@

<script src="~/Scripts/globalize.culture.en-GB.min.js"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jsrender.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ej.web.all.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

For your convenience we have created a sample based on your requirement and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale1605979774.zip

Query 2: “some pointers to do the same (Localization) with all controls”

Could you please get back to us with the list of control that you need help with localization so that we can provide you response as early as possible?

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

We would like to let you know that the “locale” property of ReportViewer helps to change the culture of ReportViewer as shown in below code snippet.

ej.ReportViewer.localization["fr-FR"] = {

toolbar: {

print: {

headerText: 'Imprimer',

contentText: 'Imprimer.'

},

…….

},

viewButton: 'Voir Rapport'

};

itemTemplate.ejReportViewer({

processingMode: ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Local,

reportServiceUrl: "../api/SSRSReport",

locale: 'fr-FR',

reportPath: "date1.rdl"

});

We have to specify the culture text for all ReportViewer properties such as exportformat, first, previous, next, last, documentMap, parameter, zoomIn, zoomOut, Refresh, printLayout,  pageIndex, zoom, back, fittopage and viewButton.

Also please ensure to refer the jquery.globalize.cultures.min.js script file in your project and follow the below order while referring the scripts.

<script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/jsrender.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Scripts/jquery.globalize.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="Scripts/jquery.globalize.cultures.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

And also we have prepared a sample based on your requirement and same can be downloaded from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ReportViewerSample-1711928217.zip

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the update,

Query 1: “Export toolbar translation for ReportViewer”

We are able to reproduce the issue “Export translation in report viewer toolbar”, however to access this, we request you contact us at Syncfusion Support or you may also create your customer account under Direct Trac and open a new incident so that our support engineer will assist you accordingly.

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Also we missed to update the response for some of you queries in previous update due to some network issues and please find the response for those queries below.

Query 3: “put all translation into a class and invoke”

We suggest you to place the localized strings of ej.Grid.locale in a script file and refer it in master page to achieve your requirement.

Query 4: “multi selection (in order to erase one or more records on the grid).”

We considered this requirement “Multiple selection using checkbox” & “Delete Multiple Record in Grid” as feature and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Query 5: “way to enable or disable any toolbar buttons & translate Export toolbar in Grid”

We have created a sample based on your requirement and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale_(2)337212828.zip

In the above sample using “enableItem” & “disableItem” properties of Toolbar we have enabled/disabled Grid toolbar buttons. Please refer the following code snippets.

var toolbarButton = $("#Order_toolbarItems").find("li#Order_cancel")

//To enable toobar button

$("#Order_toolbarItems").ejToolbar("enableItem", toolbarButton);

//To disable toobar button

$("#Order_toolbarItems").ejToolbar("disableItem", toolbarButton);

Also please refer the following code snippet to localize Grid Export toolbar button

ej.Grid.locale["es-ES"] = {

ExcelExport: "Excel exportación",

WordExport: "palabra de Exportación",

PdfExport: "pdf Exportación",

}

Query 6: “Documentation for Localization”

Please refer the following table.

Control

Localization

Grid

We don’t have UG for localization feature in LightSwitch HTML grid and hence we have created a documentation task. And it will refreshed shortly online. For now, please refer our online JS demo, for using localization in grid.

http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/grid/Localization

Autocomplete

Not applicable

DatePicker

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/localization.htm

DateTimePicker

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/localization1.htm

Dropdownlist

Not applicable

Editors

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/localization2.htm

Progressbar

Not applicable

RichTextEditor

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/localization3.htm

Timepicker

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/lightswitch/default.htm#!documents/localization4

Query 7: “translation of error messages

We suggest you to extend messages property of jquery validator to define localized strings for validation messages. Please refer the following code snippets.

$.extend($.validator.messages, {

required: "Este campo es obligatorio.",
number: "Por favor, escribe un número válido.",

})

Alternatively you can refer the jquery localized files available in the following github location.

https://github.com/jzaefferer/jquery-validation/tree/master/src/localization

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have modified the sample resolving the reported issue and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale1233245793.zip

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

Query 1: “Sample not loadting”

Please find the below link to resolve the issue with loading the sample

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3985c1d5-9e02-4596-940d-0b1cad0ad3f3/loading-this-assembly-would-produce-a-different-grant-set-from-other-instances?forum=csharpgeneral

Query 2: “duplicates the freight cost while exporting to word

We were able to reproduce the problem and we considered this requirement “duplicates the freight cost while exporting to word” as bug, also have logged a report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: “out of the box View Details screen when a user clicks on a selected browse screen record”

We have achieved your requirement using “rowSelected” Grid event in which we have displayed “View Details” screen and passed selected record data to that screen. Please refer the following code snippets.

itemTemplate.ejGrid(

{

rowSelected: function (args) {

myapp.showScreen("ViewOrder", null, {

beforeShown:function (detailScreen) {

var data = args.data;

detailScreen.Order = data;

}})

},

Query 2: “export toolbar on such view details screen to export that single record”

We have added three buttons (Excel Export, Word Export, Pdf Export) in View Detail Screen command bar and those button click event we have mapped export action to the corresponding method in WebApi. Please refer the following code snippets.

myapp.ViewOrder.ExcelExport_Tap_execute = function (screen) {

// Write code here.

var gridObj = $("#Order").ejGrid("instance")

gridObj.exportGrid = gridObj["export"];

gridObj.exportGrid('../api/Orders/ExcelExport_SingleRecord')

};

And since export POST operation sends only the grid model, we get the selected rows records in the rowSelected event and assign the selected records value to an extra property to access the selected records at the server side. Please refer the following code snippets.

itemTemplate.ejGrid(

{

rowSelected: function (args) {

this.model.selectedRecords = args.data;

},

Then at the server side, deserialize the selectedRecords property from the posted grid model as follows.

private GridProperties ConvertGridObject(string gridProperty)

{

JavaScriptSerializer serializer = new JavaScriptSerializer();

IEnumerable div = (IEnumerable)serializer.Deserialize(gridProperty, typeof(IEnumerable));

foreach (KeyValuePair<string, object> ds in div)

{

var property = gridProp.GetType().GetProperty(ds.Key, BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.IgnoreCase);

if (ds.Key == "selectedRecords")

{

string serialize = serializer.Serialize(ds.Value);

var data = serializer.Deserialize<OrdersView>(serialize);

exportData.Add(data);

continue;

}

}

return gridProp;

}

Query 3: “Searching operation in Grid”

Using “allowSearching” property of Grid we can enable searching in Grid and using “toolbarItems” property of toolbarSettings we can add search box in Grid toolbar that can be used to search for the entered value in all columns of Grid. Please refer the following code snippets.

itemTemplate.ejGrid(

{

allowSearching:true,

toolbarSettings: { showToolbar: true, toolbarItems: [ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Search, ...] },

If we misunderstood your requirement or if you want to display the searched records in separate pop up dialog, please get back to us so that we could provide you a response as early as possible.

We have created a sample based on your requirements and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale-1840519435.zip

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: “need to display the SI or NO values instead of TRUE AND FALSE”

We are glad to let you know that your requirement can be achieved by using “queryCellInfo” grid event in which we have Boolean column cell text according to the boolean value. Please refer the following code snippets.

itemTemplate.ejGrid(

{

queryCellInfo: function (args) {

var value = args.text.replace(",", "");

var $element = $(args.cell);

switch (args.column.headerText) {

case "Verified":

if (args.data.Verified)

$element.text("SI");

else

$element.text("NO");

}

}

});

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale1084924371.zip

Query 2: “On the export option I need to export images to PDF, WORD and EXCEL.”

We considered this requirement “Grid Exporting with template column” as feature and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Query 3: “search options by presenting SI or NO question

We have achieved your requirement using “filteredColumns” property of Grid filterSettings. We have analyzed your screenshot and found that you are searching the Grid content with both Boolean column and ‘Descripcion’ column values and so using “filteredColumns” property of Grid filterSettings we have added filter query (for multiple column filter) to Grid. Please refer the following code snippets.

var customerCol = { field: "CustomerID", operator: "contains", value: $("#custColValue").val(), predicate: "and", matchcase: false }

var boolCol = { field: "Verified", operator: "equal", value: $("#boolColCheck").prop("checked"), predicate: "and", matchcase: false }

gridObj.model.filterSettings.filteredColumns = [];

gridObj.model.filterSettings.filteredColumns.push(customerCol);

gridObj.model.filterSettings.filteredColumns.push(boolCol);

gridObj.refreshContent();

We have included this requirement with the sample provided in response for the query 1. If we misunderstood your requirement, then please get back to us with more information such as the scenario in which you want to open dialog for search options.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

Query 1: “Upgraded to newer version doc

After upgrading to the latest version please replace the Syncfusion scripts and css in your project with the corresponding one at the following location in your machine.

CSS: ~\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\JavaScript\assets\css\web

Script: ~\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\JavaScript\assets\scripts

Query 2: “search not working for ‘si’ or ‘no’”

We considered this requirement “localization support for Boolean column” as Usability issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Query 3: “I don't know where the field comes from, in my system I have it in tables of type Boolean

In the sample we provided we bound local json data to Grid dataSource which is available in jsondata.min.js script file.

Query 4: “Custom Search Dialog: Buscar Modo”

As per our support guidelines; through forums widely we offer only limited and basic assistance. 

Since your request for “Customized Grid search using an external dialog” is a customized solution and it is beyond our support limit consigned for a forum. And support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Query 5: “'Syncfusion.DocIO.Base dll missing while exporting

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have missed to include the dll “'Syncfusion.DocIO.Base” in the provided sample which is the cause of the issue. We have modified the sample by including the missing dlls and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocale-1840519435(1)-1863595027.zip

We would like to let you know that the following dlls will not be shipped with Essential Studio LightSwitch Platform build and so those dlls were not installed in your machine’s GAC location which is causes the issue.

• Syncfusion.EJ
  • Syncfusion.EJ.Export
  • Syncfusion.XlsIo.Base
  • Syncfusion.Pdf.Base
  • Syncfusion.DocIo.Base

Please refer the above dlls which we provided in sample under “Reference Assemblies” Folder to get your project work.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

In order to install the specified assemblies in the GAC location, please follow the below steps.

i) Download and extract the Assemblies.zip file from the below link.

Assemblies.zip

ii) It contains the two folders namely precompiledassemblies, Utilities

iii) Copy and paste that 2 folders in the below location.

Location: {Drive:}\{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\

iv) Run the “AssemblyManagerWindows” from below mentioned location.

Location: {Drive:}\{Program Files Folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\Assembly Manager

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\ Utilities\Assembly Manager

Please refer the following help documentation link to know more about our Assembly Manager Utility.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/common/default.htm#!documents/assemblymanager.htm

Now, Assemblies will be installed in GAC location.

Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

Regards,

Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed your error message and found that you are using older version dlls 12.4.0.24 which we had provided earlier that is the cause of an issue.

In the previous update, we have provided you latest version 12.4.0.30 dlls under the ‘precompiledassemblies’ in Assemblies.zip file with core dependencies such as “Syncfusion.Core”,etc.,. Once you have run the “AssemblyManagerWindows”, as mentioned in previous update, those dlls will be installed in your GAC location and so please refer the following list of dlls from GAC location or place the dlls, from Assemblies.zip file, in bin folder of your sample and refer dlls from the bin location. Please find the dependency dlls below.

Syncfusion.Core

Syncfusion.Compression.Base

Syncfusion.Linq.Base

Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll

Syncfusion.EJ.dll

Syncfusion.EJ.Export.dll

Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll

Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll

Note: Please ensure that all the referrrence dlls are latest version 12.4.0.30

For your convenience we have modified the Exporting sample with latest version 12.4.0.30 dlls referred from “Reference Assemblies” folder in the sample and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118007/LightSwitchGridLocaleWithExport-673851996.zip

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: “The dashboard tells me that Lightswitch is not installed”

Please check whether the Lightswitch HTML samples are exists in the install location.

Location: {Installed Drive}\{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Installed version}\Samples\

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\Samples\

If exists in the above location with the samples projects then follow the below steps.

1. Select the 'Recheck' option from corresponding version Dashboard. Please refer the below screen shot for more information.

2. Reopen the Syncfusion Dashboard and now you can find the LightSwitch installed.

If the files not installed in that location then try to reinstall the LightSwitch HTML setup again and ensure LightSwitch in Dashboard.

Please share the below details to us by following the below suggested steps if above steps not resolved this issue.

1. Gather log file.

Follow the steps provided in the below Knowledge base article link to generate the gathered log file.

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331

2. Dashboard.xml file from the install location.

Location: {Installed Drive}\{Program files folder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Installed version}\Infrastructure\Dashboard\4.0\

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.30\Infrastructure\Dashboard\4.0\

Quey 2: “To Export without Grid Control”

Could you please clarify us whether your requirement is to export Grid Content using an external button outside Grid or you have not used Grid Control to display Data but need to export some data on a button Click?

Information provided would be great helpful to provide you a response as early as possible.

Regards,

Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon