We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I need something like the native Excel insert cells using a named range.

We have a template and at some predefined location there is 3 row table consisting of a header, blank data row and a total row with formula formatted wit boarders all around. The template may have other tables to the left, right or below the preceding table.
Using the XLSIO ImportDataTable directly into the target table using a named range fills the table but it overwrites all the cell data including the formatting and formula. It also overwrites an table that might be directly below it.
I added a call to InsertRow with FormatAsBefore to make room and then call the ImportDataTable and the formatting is preserved as is the formula and tables below also push down. However, any tables on either side are damaged.
I am unable to locate an InsertRow that respects a named range so what would be the best way to accomplish this behavior.

3 Replies

IN Ishwarya Narayanan Syncfusion Team March 5, 2015 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Karl,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. So we have provided the simplified sample for importing data with named range using XlsIO in the following link. Kindly refer to this and share us the screenshot for the scenario you are expecting or modify the provided sample for your requirement if possible, to assist you with a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Sample Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Forum118386InsertRowwithNamedRange-2127688076.zip

Regards,

Ishwarya N

RJ Rilfanayasmin Jamal Nasar Syncfusion Team March 6, 2015 12:16 PM UTC

Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 6:30 AM
To: Syncfusion Support; Karl@TheSoftwareCafe.com
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 118386, I need something like the native Excel insert cells using a named range., has been updated.

Your solution uses ImportDataTable and it’s behavior will be to overwrite any cells in the range and that is the behavior I have to prevent. It needs to insert new cells within the range and push down.

The InsertRows method does the push down and preserves any formula but there is not concept of a range.

IN Ishwarya Narayanan Syncfusion Team March 9, 2015 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Karl,

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ishwarya N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon