We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can't create a Grid

When attempting to create a simple grid through Javascript, I get errors on the page or in the browser console.  In Chrome I get a TypeError: Failed to execute 'replaceChild' on 'Node': parameter 1 is not of type 'Node'. In IE it says Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'gridAlternateRow'. in the area the grid is supposed to be. I also get a script error that says Unable to get value of the property 'item': object is null or undefined. How do I avoid these errors?

1 Reply

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team February 26, 2015 10:22 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the reported issues. We suspect the issues may be due to one of the following reasons.

1.       usage of special characters(like hyphen,asterisk etc.,) in the Grid ID

2.       When grouping a column(not present in the dataSource) initially

3.       missed out to refer any script file in the sample

4.       maybe due to the values present in the dataSource.

So, please ensure the above cases in your sample.

If you are still facing the issues, we request you to share your view code corresponding to rendering grid. Also, please share the first array values from the JSON Object that you have assigned as the grid dataSource and also the stack trace of the issue. The provided information will be very helpful for us to analyze the issue and provide you response accordingly.

For your convenience, we have created a simple grid sample in JavaScript and the same can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118330/GridSample-757464499.zip

Please refer the below online link for JavaScript Getting started documentation for Grid control.

Online Documentation Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/createyourfirstgridi.htm

We have listed the script and CSS files needed to work with the JS Control in the below table. Please refer the below table.

Script files

Syncfusion script files:

ej.web.all.min.js //contains scripts for all web widgets

External Script files:

jquery.min.js //Jquery

jquery.easing.min.js //Animation Support

jquery.globalize.min.js //Globalization support

jsrender.min.js //Template Support

jquery.validate.min.js //Validation

CSS files

ej.widgets.all.min.css //contains styles for all javascript widgets

or

ej.web.all.min.css //contains styles for all web widgets

You can find the scripts and css files in the following locations:

CSS Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\xx.x.x.xx\JavaScript\assets\css\web

Script Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ xx.x.x.xx \JavaScript\assets\scripts\web

Here, xx.x.x.xx denotes the product version. For Eg.(12.4.0.30)

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards

Ragavee U S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon