We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Deployment question about CAB Add-On source code

Hi,

I am new to Syncfusion and my first attempt to do something with the product, is to create a CAB based prototype application.
Until there all is well.

One of my goal is to create code generators that can be used to create database related applications out of UML models. Thus I
have created a XSLT template that generates a Syncfusion CAB Add-On based applicatin.

Why do I ask about deployment of source code?

To make it easy for my users I thought to deploy the CAB Add-On code with the prebuild version to a predefined place of my
choice. This makes it easy to debug into the CAB library code. That way I am save at what location the CAB project and the
prebuild libraries are.

So my question is about legality of such an action. Is it allowed, or am I only allowed to deploy compiled binaries of that CAB Add-On?

Currently nothing is published!

Thanks, Lothar

4 Replies

AJ Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy Syncfusion Team February 23, 2015 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Lothar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We request you to confirm, if your requirement is to use Syncfusion CAB source or its assemblies in your project. If so, then you can gladly use, as long as you are a licensed customer.

Otherwise if your requirement is different, could you please share us more details? That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you the prompt solution as earlier as possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Regards,

Ashwini

LB Lothar Behrens replied to Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy March 1, 2015 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Lothar,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We request you to confirm, if your requirement is to use Syncfusion CAB source or its assemblies in your project. If so, then you can gladly use, as long as you are a licensed customer.

Otherwise if your requirement is different, could you please share us more details? That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you the prompt solution as earlier as possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance,

Regards,

Ashwini

Hi,

I am writing a code generator using SyncFusion as a target. The code generated uses the SyncFusion Libraries (as installed by my customers). The code generator package (product) may contain the SyncFusion CAB Add-On code to make it easy to
switch the .NET version or the Visual Studio version (as the CAB contains different solutions per VS version). I would make the use of the correct version (corresponding csproj file) by a configuration in my code generator, thus enable selecting the correct target .NET and VS versions. (I think, switching the correct CAB Add-On csproj file included in my generated solution would be the easiest way I could do within my UML model)

Therefore and for debug purposes, including the source code into my code generator package, would help make things easier. The main driver would be the ability for the customer to debug into the CAB code and the package size.

So I would like to include the SyncFusion CAB Add-On source code into my product, but no redistributable SyncFusion assemblies. Therefore the product expects an installed SyncFusion ESSENTIAL STUDIO (or Windows Forms) product that is correctly licensed by my customer. The fact that the customer has the option to download the Add-On by itself, I think, I only keep my project structure predictable.

Do you have any more questions?

Should I obtain an agreement by a private message/email?

I am a licensed owner of the SyncFusion ESSENTIAL STUDIO Community edition.

Regards,

Lothar

LB Lothar Behrens March 6, 2015 04:40 AM UTC

I want to confirm that I am a licensed customer of the comunity editon of Syncfusion Essential. I like to include the CAB Add-On into my installer so that users can compile against that source code. Using the binary versions is not really required then.
So please give me a feedback, if all issues are clarified and I am allowed to do so. In my last post I have given a more detailed description, but didn't yet got a feedback.

Thanks,

Lothar

AJ Ashwini Jaya Preetha Durai Samy Syncfusion Team March 16, 2015 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Lothar,

Thank you for your update.

You can certainly ship binaries to your customers for convenience. If they end up generating an application and working with it they will need to obtain either a commercial license or a community license as applicable.

Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Ashwini

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon