We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplashScreen Control disappears

I am popping up a splash screen control while doing a long operation (using version 1.6.2.5). The splashscreen control is shown using by doing a ShowSplash(true) to disable the parent form. However if you minimize everything then bring back the form (using the windows toolbar) the splash control remains behind the parent form. I know I can use topmost but I don''t want it to stay in front of everything for an extended time.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2004 11:29 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, Please refer to the sample application (created using v1.6.2.5) attached here. Here I have a SplashControl which is shown using ShowSplash(true) and the parent form is disabled. The SplashControl seems to work fine and stays on top all the time (even if the VS.NET IDE in the background is minimized and then maximized again). Please take a look at the sample and let me know if this meets your requirements. If not, kindly modify this sample and send it back to us so that we can further investigate this issue. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 01:22 PM UTC

The sample you provided leaves the splashcontrol as topmost (which I stated I do not want to do). The other problem with the sample is the forms don''t overlap so there would be no way of knowing if the form was on top of the splash after minimizing all windows then restoring it. I changed the code to include the following two lines: this.splashControl1.ShowAsTopMost = false; this.StartPosition = System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition.CenterScreen; And I see the same behaviour I originally stated.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 08:13 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, Thanks for the update. I now understand your requirements better. I have consulted the development team in this regard, and will update you as soon as they get back to me. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 18, 2004 07:24 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, The current behavior is because only the main form gets the focus (and hence gets displayed) as it is visible in the TaskBar and the SplashControl is not. I have now changed the sample so that the SplashControl gets displayed in the TaskBar and not the Main Form. In this case, only the SplashControl (as long as it is alive) is displayed when hidden and shown again. Please refer to the modified sample attached and let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 02:10 PM UTC

This still shows up in the task bar (form1) and when you click it the form shows ontop of the splash control.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 06:25 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, I have tested this once again in v1.6.2.5, and the SplashControl behaves as mentioned in my earlier response. It does not get displayed on top of the form. Since the SplashControl is displayed using ShowSplash(true), the host form gets completely disabled and will not respond to the mouse click. Please make sure that your application is linking to the right version of the Syncfusion dlls by checking your GAC and the solution explorer window in the designer. Also make sure that the CopyLocal property for all the Syncfusion references is set to false. Please try this and let me know how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon