We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unified API

Have the Syncfusion controls been developed to support the Unified API, which Apple requires of all app submissions starting 2/1?  

I'm getting a compile error on ... 

new SfChartRenderer(); 

... saying ...

The Type 'MonoTouch.UIKit.UIView' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced ...

Xamarin says ...

"This usually means the project references a component or NuGet package that has not been built with the Unified API. You should delete and re-add all Components and NuGet packages. If this does not fix the error, the external library may not yet support the Unified API."

I tried removing and re-adding the DLL references but that didn't help.

7 Replies

PR Prabakaran R Syncfusion Team January 24, 2015 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

We have already provided the support for unified version Xamarin.iOS, we request you to download the latest version from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/118033/syncfusion-essential-studio-for-xamarin-v12-4-0-25-service-pack-available-for-download

Note: You can find the Xamarin.iOS unified version dlls at “{download location}/lib/1.3/ios-unified/”.

Thanks,
Prabakaran R

MO Michael O'Connor January 24, 2015 05:15 AM UTC

thanks.

MO Michael O'Connor January 24, 2015 05:37 AM UTC

Okay, this still isn't working right for me.  On the call to new SfChartRenderer(); ...

If I use the DLLs in the Unified directory I get an error:

- The type 'Xamarin.Forms.Platforms.iOS.ViewRenderer' 2 <Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms.SfChart,Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS.SfChart>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced.  Consider adding a reference to assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version 1.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

If I use the DLLs in the iOS directory I get an error:

- The Type 'MonoTouch.UIKit.UIView' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced ...

The second error makes sense, because it's using non-unified APIs in a unified project.  The first error though is happening on chart code that's been working until the Xamarin Forms 1.3 upgrade came along.

The Syncfusion version numbers are 12.4451.0.25 and Xamarin Forms is 1.3.1.0 (in references dialog) / 1.3.1.6296 (right click on package). 

I've ensure there are no other exceptions or out-of-date components.  I've removed and added references, rebuilt, cleaned ...

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 26, 2015 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

The first error will only happen if you have using different version of Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS dll. Please manually check that Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS dll version is 1.3.1, if not, please remove Xamarin.Forms nuget package from you application and install it again.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this

Thanks,
Karthikeyan V.

PM Paul Mace January 26, 2015 06:08 PM UTC

I hit all the same problems.

.DROID works fine.
.IOS does not

using Xamarin.Forms 1.3.1.6296 (current stable build on Nuget)

.25 (trial) version component won't install from Xamarin store--says incompatible.
.25 zip (trial) used instead.

Added References per your docs.

No Interface for renderers in Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS.
So I can't add new SfChartRenderer() to AppDelegate

PM Paul Mace January 26, 2015 06:35 PM UTC

So....

.IOS with zipped .25 Syncfusion unified dll's

Add the proper 3 references

Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS;
Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms.iOS.Renderers;
Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms;

Then, in the ApDelegate:

using Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS;
using Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms.iOS.Renderers;
using Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms;

Now it will find the renderer:

new SfChartRenderer();  

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 27, 2015 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to let you know that Syncfusion component are referring without any issues, when we add the assemblies from Xamarin component store.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Magesh Kumar K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon