We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How Make Own Control Like MultiSelectionComboBox

1> When I Add This Control Two Control Are Added On Form 1>Button Edit2>TextBoxExt
2> When I Add MultiSelectionComboBox Only One Control Is Added
How Make It Because MultiSelectionComboBox is inherited from ButtonEdit Only one control is added
3> i want to make my own control like MultiSelectionComboBox but not require pop-up. i will open form on this control

1 Reply

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team January 22, 2015 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products,

“Query 1: When I Add This Control Two Control Are Added On Form 1>Button Edit2>TextBoxExt”

In ButtonEdit, is an embedded type of control that has TextBox control and collection of button controls, which can be added based on user requirement. Hence each of its child controls are considered and loaded as individual controls into Form.

“Query 2: When I Add MultiSelectionComboBox Only One Control Is Added”

As MultiSelectionComboBox is a type of ComboBox control, hence its child controls like TextBox and DropDown button are integrated as single control when loaded into Form.

“Query 3: > i want to make my own control like MultiSelectionComboBox but not require pop-up. i will open form on this control”

This requirement for creating Custom control alike MultiSelectionComboBox, without popup can be achieved by using Inheritance concept and DropDownHeight property. Please make use of below code snippet to achieve this requirement.

Code Snippet [C#]:

public partial class MultiSelectionComboBoxExt : MultiSelectionComboBox

{

public MultiSelectionComboBoxExt()

{

InitializeComponent();

this.DropDownHeight = 0;

}

}

We have also prepared sample and video for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. Could you please check this and let us know if that meets your requirement?

Video Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/user/directTrac/118021/MultiselectionComboBox-video-811053430.zip

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/user/directTrac/118021/MultiSelectionComboBoxExt-1870142247.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Vinothini.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon