We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Part of chart not displayed.

I have some troubles,i'm trying to load all daily djia quotes from 1896 year, but part of chart series (1896-1930) not displayed, and in debug mode i see all binded quotes in ItemSource like it is must to be, Don't understand what's wrong, there is a screenshot and sample. 

And another question, is it possible to hide empty points in fast candle/HLOC chart series? ShowEmptyPoints="False" not work.

Thanks,
Ronald

Attachment: RenderingTroubles_bcd852b4.rar

3 Replies

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team January 20, 2015 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query 1: Part of chart series (1896-1930) not displayed

We would like to let you know that in the provided sample, all the input data’s (High, Low, Open and Close) are having the same values up to 1928. Due to this segments rendered at a single point it is not legible in the view.

Query 2: Is it possible to hide empty points in fast candle/HLOC chart series?

We would like to let you know that if all the input data’s (High, Low, Open and close) are NaN means then only the corresponding segment will hide. Please make sure that all values (High, Low, Open and Close) are NaN.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sumathi J

RO Ronald January 20, 2015 02:23 PM UTC

I thought  it should looks like thin horizontal line, at least in theory. About empty points, sorry, i don't understand it correct firstly, and thought about hiding of rendered segments without quotes. I think both of problems can't be solved without source code changes, right? Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Ronald.

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team January 21, 2015 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for your update.

Regarding the requirement (looks like thin horizontal line, at least in theory), already horizontal line only rendering with same OHLC value. As we are having large range (for Years) in x-axis, the rendered segment is not legible in the view. If you reduce the range of values, you can view the horizontal lines.

Also we are able to hide the rendered segments (i.e., segment without quotes) by replacing DateTimeAxis with DateTimeCategoryAxis. DateTimeCategoryAxis is used to visualize discrete datetime values in primary axis. We have attached the screenshots of sample which describes the difference between DateTimeAxis and DateTimeCategoryAxis.

Please find the attachment in the below location.

Attachment: screenshots.zip

For more information please refer the following online documentation links.

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/charts/axis#datetimeaxis

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/charts/axis#categoryaxis

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/charts/seriestypes/emptypoints

As your requirements can be achieved with sample level changes as proposed, we didn’t require any source/control level (sfchart) changes.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Sumathi J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon