We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Xamarin Forms 1.3

I'm getting the following error using Charts after upgrading to Forms 1.3, anyone know of any workaround or do I need to wait for Syncfusion to re-compile against 1.3?

Error CS0012: The type `Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ViewRenderer`2<Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms.SfChart,Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS.SFChart>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=1.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' (CS0012) 

14 Replies

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 7, 2015 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Darrell,

We would like to let you know that currently we are working on for support Xamarin.Forms 1.3 version. We will roll out this on or before this weekend (9th Jan, 2015).

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Magesh Kumar K

MD Markus Demmler January 10, 2015 09:02 AM UTC

Is this update already available? 

Best regards
Markus Demmler

DB Darrell Booker January 10, 2015 04:26 PM UTC

Not yet. the dev team has sent me 2 different pre-realeses but the bugs haven't been worked out yet.

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 12, 2015 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Darrell and Markus,

We regret to let you know that, there is a delay in releasing SyncfusionXamarinStudio support for Xamarin.Forms 1.3 version. So, we have generated the custom dlls of Chart control with Xamarin.Forms 1.3.0 version (latest stable). If you are using Xamarin.Forms 1.3, please replace attached chart dlls(contains fixes for Darrell reported issues) in your lib folder.

Dll location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/lib_1.3.0923532354.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Magesh Kumar K

MD Markus Demmler January 12, 2015 03:40 PM UTC

After adding 
new SfChartRenderer ();
to the IOS Project, I get the following compile error:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(385,3): error : Failed to resolve "MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString::Empty" reference from "monotouch, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

DB Darrell Booker January 12, 2015 03:53 PM UTC

Markus,

I'm getting the same error. I escalated my ticket with support so hopefully they can get that fixed.  Strangely, I don't get that error when building against the simulator only when building against a device, release, ad-hoc or App Store.  Same for you?

MD Markus Demmler January 13, 2015 10:31 AM UTC

Same for me. It works in the simulator, but not on a real device.

MD Markus Demmler January 14, 2015 07:13 AM UTC

When will that bug be fixed?
Could you also provide a Xamarin Forms 1.3 compatible version of the SfGaugeRenderer render?

Thanks,
Markus Demmler

KV Karthikeyan V Syncfusion Team January 14, 2015 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Markus and Darrell,

We have fixed all the issues mentioned in this forum.

We have attached the dlls for SFChart and SFGauge, which is suitable for Xamarin Forms 1.3.1 stable version. Please find the attachment.

Stable Version 1.3.1 (SfChart and SfGauge): http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/SyncfusionAssemblies_1.3.1_StableVersion198391834.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Karthikeyan V.

SH Shashidhar January 22, 2015 09:06 AM UTC

error : Failed to resolve "MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString::Empty" reference from "monotouch, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

I am getting same error but Only for iOS,in android its working fine. I am using xamarin.forms 1.3.1.6296.
I attached the dll for SFChart and SFGauge which i have downlaoded from below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/SyncfusionAssemblies_1.3.1_StableVersion198391834.zip

SH Shashidhar January 22, 2015 09:07 AM UTC

error : Failed to resolve "MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString MonoTouch.Foundation.NSString::Empty" reference from "monotouch, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

I am getting same error but Only for iOS,in android its working fine. I am using xamarin.forms 1.3.1.6296.
I attached the dll for SFChart and SFGauge(Gauge is working fine in both iOS and Android) which i have downlaoded from below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/SyncfusionAssemblies_1.3.1_StableVersion198391834.zip

BS Baskaran S Syncfusion Team January 22, 2015 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Shashidhar,

We are unable to reproduce the issue from our side. Our Service pack 1 for SyncfusionXamarinStudio, which is suitable for Xamarin Forms 1.3.1 stable version, is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/xamarin-service-packs

Ensure that you are using Xamarin studio with Stable Channel which is up to date.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Baskaran S

SH Shashidhar February 2, 2015 07:09 AM UTC

Thanks Baskaran S for the quick reply, I updated xamarin and its working fine now.

In SfChart user interaction is possible? like core plot(iOS).

MK Magesh Kumar Krishnan Syncfusion Team February 2, 2015 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Shashidhar,

We would like to let you know that currently we don’t have built-in support for touch interactions in SfChart, but built-in support for zooming and selection will be available in our upcoming release, which is expected to be rolled out in the end of March 2015. We have prepared a workaround sample for selecting a chart data points by touch.

Please find the sample in the following location.

Note: In the sample, we have written custom renderer for each platform to handle click events.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Magesh Kumar K

Attachment: Click_Event_cdf759ad.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon