We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem in exporting the spreadsheet control(visual studio C#)

Hi ,

Iam using the spreadsheet control of syncfusion in my UI . When i copy any cell data into another cell and tried to export the data into excel .

It got exported to excel but when i try to open the exported excel i cant able to open the file results in Error "Excel found unreadable content in 'test.xlsx'.Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?If you trust the source of this workbook,click  yes.

When i click on YES then the Excel is of Empty .

Please clarify .

regards,
kalai

11 Replies

NK Neelakandan Kannan Syncfusion Team January 6, 2015 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Kalai,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that we have not provided Spreadsheet control in Windows Forms platform. But you have mentioned in your previous update that you have used  Spreadsheet control in your UI. So that we could not able to clearly understand your query. Please provide us details regarding followings,

1.Platform of your application

2.Control(Spreadsheet or GridControl) which is used in your application since we have not provided Spreadsheet control for Windows Forms platform.

Moreover we have already provided the Dashboard sample regarding export grid data to excel. So that please make use of below sample,

Sample:

<Installation Location>\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<Product Version>\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Exporting\Exporting Demo

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Neelakandan

KB Kalaivani B January 6, 2015 12:08 PM UTC

Iam using Visual studio 2012 C# application .
 Syncfusion.spreadsheet.wpf  reference

KB Kalaivani B January 6, 2015 12:08 PM UTC

Additional information for your clarification

I can able to export the spreadsheet data into excel perfectly .

Problem occurs when exporting the data after performing  copy paste any cell data to another cell  on spreadsheet .

Is any junk values are added into the cell of spreadsheet when i paste the data ?So that the excel getting unreadable data ?

Hope you got my problem .

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team January 7, 2015 04:49 PM UTC

Hi Kalaivani,

Apologize for the delay caused.

We have analyzed and tested the reported issue with our sample, but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. Could you please revert us with the modified sample based on your application along with the replication procedure? This would be helpful for us to serve you a better solution.

Please find the sample and video link below,

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/117895/demo-1604255138.zip

Video Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/117895/exprt-588770493.zip

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

KB Kalaivani B January 8, 2015 06:25 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply .

I have no clue why its behaving differently in my application .
I have few combo entries in my spreadsheet .but it got exported well when i didnt perform any copy paste operation .

i cant able to run your demo code as it showing mainWindow.xaml.cs file missing and RibbonWindow doesn't exist in namespace error .

KB Kalaivani B January 8, 2015 08:21 AM UTC

iam adding ComboBox in the Spreadsheet at run time using the below code

control.SPlusSpreadsheetControl.AddComboBoxToCell(2, 3, new[] { string.Empty })

public void AddComboBoxToCell(int Rowindex, int ColumnIndex, string[] listOfValues)
        {
            IRange range = WorkSheet[Rowindex, ColumnIndex];
            IDataValidation validation = range.DataValidation;
            validation.ListOfValues = listOfValues;
            validation.PromptBoxText = "Data Validation list";
            validation.IsPromptBoxVisible = true;
            validation.ShowPromptBox = true;
        }

After combo got added to spreadsheet if i copy paste anything in the spreadsheet and do Export to excel then iam getting the exported excel with unreadable content error .

KB Kalaivani B January 12, 2015 06:29 AM UTC

Please reply ASAP

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team January 12, 2015 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Kalaivani,

Apologize for the delay

XlsIO team  are able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Kanimozhi B

AR arun February 18, 2016 09:54 AM UTC

Hi,
 I have the same issue. Did you get any answer for it

KB Kalaivani B February 18, 2016 10:09 AM UTC

Hello Arun,

Yes I got patch dll with the issue fixed .

regards,
kalai 

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team February 19, 2016 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Arun,

The “Unreadable content Error issue while exporting” has been fixed and included in  our latest release (Version 13.4.0.58) and is available for download under the following link.

http://syncfusion.com/forums/122061/essential-studio-2015-volume-4-service-pack-release-v13-4-0-58-available-for-download

Regards,
Kanimozhi B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon